• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Armed Forces Day at the

rmgill

The South Eastern Rail Road Museum is having an Armed Forces day at their location in Duluth, Ga. on Saturday the 19th of May. The space is BIG and there's LOTS of room for setting up displays and they want MVs. Lots of MVs. Last year we only had 3 vehicle from the MVPA and two were jeeps. The other was my Ferret. They want more this time. :wink:

Kick off time for the public is at 10am. MVs can come in earlier to set up and position vehicles. 9am is good.

There are several ex US Army vehicles that folks can look at and a Troop Kitchen car. The museum is a running museum and they're adding more land for more track and I have a potential promise for cheap storage of our green iron in exchange for our helping around at the Museum. (who needs an excuse to play with big iron?)

For more info, talk to Greg he's one of the directors of the Museum. (770 461 6302)

If I can get the Ferret's brakes fixed by then, I'll have it there. I'll be rebuilding the brake system though so no promises. Everything else is either a project or up in PA right now. Good thing is my house is getting the attention it needs.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I wish I could go to this, I missed it last year, but Joel and I are going to Columbia.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
BlythewoodJoe had posted about a show there on the 19th and I think BFR and I are gonna' stop by his house and see what kind of trouble we can get into.

I think BFR wants to buy some stuff from Joe, last time we were there, we ran out of room in the SuperCrew.

jwaller

I cant make the atl show bc I have to deliver a truck to tampa but I am going to try and make it back to columbia for the show here.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Now it looks like I can't make Columbia, but I may go to this. Can't bring the Deuce, as it's full of much and stuff for a yardwork project.

alphadeltaromeo

well...

My deuce is sitting there at the train museum already. I made some home-made bows for it and it's fairly lame, but alas...I don't have real ones yet. They are holding up the cover though. I may come pick it up after the event...or I may wait until some time next week to get it. I won't be able to go to the event though, as I have too much going on here at the home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks