• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M882 project finally started

tractorfix

After a 2 week garage spruce up turned into a all winter ordeal, I'm finally starting my cummins powered M882 project. The first job is sorting out the 2 trucks I have. I am raping any good parts from the 880 and at the same time stealling unneeded mechanical parts from the 882 to make the 880 back into a good useable truck(less most military stuff). Then I will sell the 880 and inject the cash into the project. The cummins donor truck is 93 intercooled reg cab loaded LE 4X4.

I will keep this thread updated as the project goes on and maybe tack on some pics. The basic plan is to use the cummins, auto trasns and 205 box with the rear70 and front60 from the 93. I will use the pw.pl , cruise and pulse wipers from the 93 integrated to the stock 77 interior. I will use the M882 rear springs and frame with the 93's front springs. The 93 frame and rear springs are way to solid for my back. Enough typing, back to work.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Sweet!!! We expect pics of course.

tractorfix

Right now, any pics would only be of piles of parts and a truck on 4 stands. The M880 is just about redy to go. I pilfered the back bumper assembly and replaced it with a civy unit. I installed an old 2" hitch and a spare tire hanger. I swapped on the 16.5 rims andtires from the 882 . Someone had updated the 880 to 16's and I wanted to keep them. I put in a radio, moved over most of the brake and steering parts from the 882 and resealed the steering box and tranny. I also replaced the rad. At the end of it all, the 880 is redy for sale and in very presentable condition and mechanically A1. Once I get it outdoors, I'll post a pic.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks