• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

alternator/generator

Lee Alessi

mine finally died on me.

www.parramore.com has m151 take outs for 125 + 20 for shipping, you need to change the pulley

i took mine to the local alt shop and was told the voltage regulator was bad, and it would be 160, WITHOUT labor. so i told him see what he could do. he put a "universal" regulator in for 60 dollars, INCLUDING labor. it works well so far. i also found out my on/off switch was bad and not turning the field on.

anyway, my point? 60 dollars for a non "milspec" but functional alternator, or 125 for used..... just wanted to let ya'll know

da_sgt

Thanks for the info Lee, I have a dead one also :skull: Just been wondering which way to go :confused: Kinda been hope'in to find a deal a good used T/O.....

Rattlehead

Gene Pantano from the other MV list had some working takeoff alternators from HMMWV's for sale, not sure if he still does. He is well known and respected on the other list. You would need to swap the pulley. They would be shipped from Colorado. His email is TRUKS1@msn.com

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have started a collection of "blown" 60 amp alternators for a future MVM article. If you don't have any use for them I'll pay shipping to my place here in VA (zip 24120).

I hope to be able to find the reason(s) for failure and perhaps help prevent future failures.
Did the same for the 25 amp generator regulators and turn signal flashers, you may have seen the article (MVM Feb 2004).
Thanks,

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
BTW, got three (3) regulators from foxholejoe, none worked, which was perfect for me, but perhaps not so good for the people that I outbid had they won the auction(s).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks