• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105 Dump Trailer

tklm539

Hello All,

Does anyone have any information on converting a m105 trailer to a dunp trailer. I really do not know where to begin .

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Tom

No.2Diesel

That would be cool for a 2 1/2ton trailer too (or any trailer for that matter)

Most light duty dump kits like Hefty Products or Pierce Wrecker are available for $600-$1,500 depending on rated capacity, but are limited to a 45° dump angle. Northern sells the same kits.

I can tell you from personal experience that when you order one, you will be playing phone tag with the manufacturer and Northern because they ship all of the items (300-400lbs.) loose in a cardboard box on a pallet. The box was in tatters. Almost all of the hinge and pivot pins were lost and needed to be shipped again (at no cost) from the manufacturer. I just finished a dump conversion of a 75' C-30 used Marina truck (30,000 orig. mile 350/SM465) using said kit and it works well but took one or two tries to get the mounting position right. If mounted in other than the "right" spot, dump angle is reduced. The instructions were pretty vague but overall it wasn't bad. The motor and pump is a Monarch brand and is not a "power down."

To all the Dumpers out there... what are your opinions on whether or not power down is necessary in a dump.

mangus580

I dont see any reason for a power-down, provided the plumbing and valving is right. I have seen some pretty slow floats... of course they are usually slow to go up too.

pa.rich

If you are on a slope and the dump is vertical you may need it or the military dumps that go up almost vertical, or if the hinge is a couple feet forward of the tail and there is material laying on it, but otherwise yo really dont need it.

Jakelc15

M105 dump trailer

I know this is an old thread but I didn't want to start another and add to the search issues.

I started making my M105 dump. I've made a subframe from 2x2x1/4 square tubing and made a hinge.
My plan is to make it hydraulically dump from the same pump that runs my snow plow on my 818. Kind of a wet line off the truck.
The trailer is in ok shape, a little beat up but I want to haul firewood with it and don't need a show piece.
By using 2- 3" cylinders, it should easily lift 4k lbs.

Attachments

tobyS

You obviously don't mind putting some steel in it.....looks heavy duty.

I don't like my dump trailer because it only goes to about 45* and it puts the back too close to the ground. Looks like height may not be an issue for you.

You may want to make a box that keeps the materials from being wedged in front of the wheel well. Also, look at the wings of a 929 gate......they are really handy.

atswilson

You obviously don't mind putting some steel in it.....looks heavy duty.

I don't like my dump trailer because it only goes to about 45* and it puts the back too close to the ground. Looks like height may not be an issue for you.

You may want to make a box that keeps the materials from being wedged in front of the wheel well. Also, look at the wings of a 929 gate......they are really handy.
At full tilt I will have close to 60 deg angle. I will have plenty of ground clearance. I have not really thought about the area in front of the wheel wells. I am still a couple of weeks away of having it complete.
I am trying to find a 929 gate. What exactly is a 929 gate?
Thank you

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks