• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton wv state farm policy eating me up, any good antique insurance out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

61sleepercab

I have a West Virginia !983 5 ton M925 which is registered as a West Virginia antique vehicle for plates but State Farm insurance will not issue antique insurance for anything bigger than 1 ton trucks.

I am not hauling, need no CDL even with air brakes , but commercial insurance for liability running $60-70 a month which I think is high?

Any buddy have a Deuce or 5 ton in West Virginia with parade / limited use insurance that does not require putting the beast in a garage that is cheaper than State Farm??

Need help on price or will have to panhandle for insurance. Any Ideas ? Thanks Mark

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have State Farm and I have mine under A Classic Insurance Policy and that's what mine costs every 6 months! I had to have photos taken and I specifically stated that it was not a daily driver and only needed Liability. I also have a deuce and that might be why. I think State Farm can only go up to a certain weight limit. You might want to ask if its because of the high weight or because of the Air brakes. I know each State differs, but I would look more into it.

misterbill64

I have state farm on my deuce, It required a commercial policy ( I am B plated ), liability only but it only cost me 215.00 a year. You might want to check with another agent mine had to call the main office to figure it out, but they will insure it and they wanted pictures.

andy3

I went with Gulfway. Agreed value. Comp and Collision and good amount of liability for $287 a year. No garage requirement.

Carol Smith
Gulfway Insurers of Hudson Inc
12701 U S Hwy 19
Bayonet Point FL 34667
Phone (727)863-5451 or (800)940-5010

Fax (727)862-3003

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Counting the posts guys I now know why the mods are so gummpy,did you do any search at all . I am fairly new here and I knew not to start a insurance thread when I got my 5 ton . Read a little then if you can't find ask a couple of the guys with 5 tons. I am certain they will be glad to help. I have a comercal policy on mine, have no limits ( Dont care for limits I can't drive 55 )

Gunzy

I have a collector policy from AAA in Utah that is full coverage on agreed value of $10k, cost me $150 a year, no garage requirement or mileage limits.

Gunzy

I have a collector policy with AAA here in Utah. It is a full coverage policy with a $10k agreed value, no garage requirement or mileage restrictions. It cost me $150 a year. I bet this thread is closed before the day is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks