• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M 211 SANDED AND PRIMED

carmen

Now that is coming along GREAT. I'm a little behind you - about a year. Stocking up on all the parts. We have to get together this summer.

Good Luck

Carmen

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Re: RE: M 211 SANDED AND PRIMED

maddawg308 said:
Is that a M211 or a M135? I only see one set of rear tires on there, not duals...
Looks to be a 211 running singles since there are no wheel-wells in the bed.

Keep up the good work pa.rich!

pa.rich

RE: Re: RE: M 211 SANDED AND PRIMED

It is a XM211 . I painted it green today but the color is too light. Going to try a darker one tomorow. The green is simular to the color in the backround of these posts.No good. Rattle cans, dont have a sprayer yet. I will get it right eventually. It sure looks better than it did in the avatar though.

n1bnc

Looking good!

I have wondered why the gods requested that the M135 bed be lower and require wheel wells compared to the seemingly cheaper to make M211 bed? Narrow I can understand, but why go to the expense of wheel wells?

Do you have the missing bits like the exhaust pipes and the passenger side step?

pa.rich

Yes they were taken off to straighten and sand and paint each piece. The exhaust is being painted with high heat paint . This truck is complete and original except for the M35 fuel tank and the roof. I shall replace both if I can come across the parts. I would also like to replace the drivers side fender that was hit one time.I am almost finished with the brakes and then shall start work on the inside. Parts I need are passenger side wiper air motor, Drivers side fender, M211 or simular fuel tank, hard top roof and cab back, but for now she looks pretty good for a 1952 M211. I would like to sell it in case someone is interested.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks