• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M274 salvage info wanted

ldj1002

Mule salvage info. wanted

I posted this on another forum and did get answer. I still need a little more info

If this is the wrong place please put it where it belongs and let me know. If no help here does anyone know where I can find out.
My County has a M274 they haven't used in about 10 years. It was given to them from some part of the government. They went to Ft.Hood to get it about 25 years ago. They don't want it now but they say they can't sell it. It has to be destroyed. This is hard for me to believe since I know of a lot of former MV that was given to fire departments city and counties, and when they didn't need them they sold them. Can anyone find the regulations about if the county can sell this without destroying it? Tey said that even if they could sell it they couldn't sell it to me that it would have to go to auction. I told them that was fine and ask if they would put it in their next auction if I could find that it was legal for then to do so. They said they would

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It doesn't have to be destroyed. HMMWV's and Gamma Goats have to be destroyed. Also, it should sell at an auction. The demil manual tells what has to be destroyed and Mules clearly do not.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
More than likely the M274 was "loaned" to the county thru the Forestry Service. The title was in the Feds name. The county was suppost to turn it back in when they where done with it. These are the old rules.

A couple of years ago the rules changed where after 18 months the item belongs to the agency.

Here is a document that talks about the HMWWV, M151 and GamaGoat. The mule is not listed.

There is an actual demil manual. Sorry I don't have the number.

Due to rules in place, most government agencies are required to auction excess items. Of course YMMV

Attachments

Last edited:

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
DRMO is no longer with us, Disposition Services is the new name of the office within DLA that may be able to answer your question in detail and provide adequate references. See disposition services here. There are multiple document within their website that may have the answers you need.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks