• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Green Truck Gasses

100acre

Earlier this evening on the news, they stated that the scientists have concluded their studies and that we as humans are accelerating global warming temperatures. Wether it's true or not, I worry the TPTB will decide that our great green hobby is too polluting and will no longer allow us to enjoy our end lives as humans with great green military machines. Has anyone ever had to deal with the non understanding public or DMV in this regard, in that they refused to title, tag or license an MV due to emissions ect?

Last edited:

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IN my state (NY) there is a yearly emission inspection in the NYC area for HD diesels , upstate there is no diesel emissions testing AT THIS TIME . However there is always the "smoke test" for all HD vehicles which is done by NYSP or DOT at a road stop . Right now there is only safety inspections ,i.e. light duty and heavy duty depending on weight class . California BAR is requiring ALL vehicles to meet the NEW EMISSION standards , so yes anything is possible. We are some what LUCKY ? in NY that a lot of MV's are registered HX , which helps a lot . Never had a problem registering my MV's at DMV as long as the paper work was good .

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't want to go into a political rant but I will say that you can expect the powers that be to continue to crack down on vehicle emissions and I think they will eventually start looking at our trucks.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I do not see it ever getting to us. Most of our stuff is old excepting the M939 guys............... so old that it would be grandfathered.

Heck, in Ga., there's only emissions testing for the 5 metro counties! Everyone else is exempt. I think before they spent the money to go after such a tiny niche of the motoring population, they'd tighten up the states requirements.

The old car hobby has worried about this for 20+ years (mostly the musclecar guys with giant cams) and nothing significant has really happened. California smog tests stuff back to '66 (I think) but they have a unique environment and are much more worried about pollution.

My opinion: Don't sweat it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks