• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M416 in Action

GSequoia

As opposed to it's usual state of inaction. :D

Also, before anyone asks all that stuff in the back is trash that we picked up for trail maintenance. Some people seem to think that hte national forests are the place to get rid of their used tires, dead plywood, and other stuff...

And just for fun a shot of it as I was getting out of Big Bear.

So, the verdict?

Pros:
More cargo capacity!
Narrower than an XJ and short so it tracks behind PERFECTLY even in the sharpest turns.
Excellent off road articulation with rotating lunette.
Looks f'n cool behind an XJ ;)

Cons:
Pintle makes a lot of noise (oh well ;))
Since the trailer is so short and narrow you can't see it from the mirrors and with a big spare tire on the rear bumper of a Cherokee you can't see it by looking back. You just kinda have to take it on faith that you still have a trailer ;)
Because you can't see it it's damn hard to back. Especially at night!

Sequoia

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Some people seem to think that the national forests are the place to get rid of their used tires, dead plywood, and other stuff...
What a shame.....

Neat pics. I just helped a buddy strip and prime 2 416's for his soil erosion business. We epoxy primed 'em and he is going to have them Line-X'd. They are fantastic trailers. He said every job site he takes them to, guys go bananas.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good show on picking up the trash! Off road groups have been doing cleanups for years, it gives a good rep for us off roaders. Plus, makes the outdoors a little more green. :) And we ALWAYS like green.

Mike_Pop

Hey! I thrive on the trash that is left in the desert and beleive me, there is a ton of it! I find stuff that is 75-100 years old, mostly scrap metal which I bring home and weld into sculptures.

As I heard about how to tow an M105 behind a deuce, I would imagine it would be the same for your M416:

"If you can't see the trailer, it is right behind you."

In all actuality, this makes a lot of sens.

GSequoia

Mike_Pop said:
"If you can't see the trailer, it is right behind you."
Pretty much. It doesn't really bother me that much in the daylight, I can generally see *just enough* out of my mirrors to back it well enough. It's backing at night that's the real pain, no lights the sides ;)

Luckily it's light, I can always just uncouple and walk it back!

Mike_Pop

On most of my military trailers, I've added an off road driving light that is activated when I put the truck in reverse. It works out quite well especially since one of my trailers is 32' long.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks