• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Jersey to Nevada

Mike_Pop

I'm making my 16th trip from NJ to NV, this time in an M1009. I've done it five times in my Unimog, three in a Mitsubishi FM, two in a moving truck, and the rest in a pickup. It's a long an boring ride along I-70 but this time I am taking I-80 and making a pit stop in Wyoming for a couple days.

If anyone sees me on the road, honk, give me the finger, throw stuff, or whatever. Just as long as you appreciate the green iron!

Mike_Pop

Pictures along the way? Ugh. I've made this trip too many times for it to be interesting enough to stop and take pictures! Besides, this isn't a pleasure trip. I need to get out to Wyoming first and join my girlfriend who is flying out there. She's into wild horses and photographs them. After that, I need to get to a job in eastern Nevada.

Mike_Pop

Well, I've cancelled my trip. I've decided to stay in NJ and build my business here. There's just more money and opportunities than where I am in Nevada. Besides, there's lots more OD Iron on the east too!

I'll probably make a short run at the end of June to get supplies from Nevada. I might be able to haul some small stuff if anyone needs it.

Mike_Pop

Semi comfortable? Heck, it was really nice after I put in a Freightliner seat with arm rests! I'll post a trip report soon. I think I logged about 7,000 miles in my M1009 in three weeks.

Bjorn...thanks for the hot and a cot! Great collection of stuff you have!

Mike Pop

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks