• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New pic of the M211 painted

pa.rich

I've painted this with a light coat of green since it was all I could get at the time but I think I'll use a darker green for the second coat now that I've found some.Next day, found the next shade darker, and I still dont like it. Did a small section and not much better. Looks awful. Cant find the proper color in the o.D. in the rattle cans.Those were American accent Moss green, then spruce green by Rustoleum. Not a happy painter now. I didnt want to buy a sprayer at this time, but I may have to to spray the correct color. :xLooks like a swimming pool installation truck! :twisted:

Attachments

ojsdna744

I've painted both my trucks with rattle cans from Rapco, not the cheapest route, but I just wanted the proper color on there and am not worried about a "perfect" finish. Ends up about 7 bucks a can, but the color is EXACT.

FrankUSMC

Wish you were closer, I would give you a case of the correct color, or even a case of Navy gray.
We will add your name to our prayer circle at church.
One of the few, Frank

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does it run? If so, just get in it and take a drive, you'll feel much better! It looks fine, don't beat yerself up about it. Remember, one day at a time. Save your pennies and get the color you want. I did mine with nothing but rattle cans, course, mine isn't solid, it's 4 color, but i've seen a few solid trucks done with hand held cans and they are fine. Addirondak Dodge has Aervo paint, I think $4 a can.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with Will. Don't beat yourself up. I've had to strip and re-sand several times because of blistering. I'm not gonna get upset or agrivated. I'm just gonna chalk it up to experience and move on. When it's all said and done you'll be happy with the end result.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks