• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Demil status changed to C

Michael

I just got a registered letter from GL stating that an item I had bought has had its Demil status changed from B/Q to C and that I had 19 days to make arrangements to return it. I remember reading a thread somewhere where someone else had gotten one of these a few weeks ago. Anyone else gone through this? All they give is the sale and the lot number then item name:

REMOTE TERMINAL GR

I am having trouble figuring out what it is. And of course they have removed all of the useful info from their web site to help me figure it out.

SterlingDevelop

Did you sign something in which you agreed to return an item that they reclassified??
Is this really enforceable??
I'm sorry, your honor, it was a long time ago and I have no idea what it is, or where it is.
This sounds pretty ridiculous.
In Radnor, Pa, one time I was rear ended, and a passerby called the local cops. About a month later, I get a bill in the mail from Radnor township for "Police Services".
It seems that the township had passed an ordinance requiring anyone who was not a resident of the township to pay for "Police Services", so as to alleviate the burden on the citizens of Radnor. (One of the wealthiest townships in the COUNTRY).
Anyway, it was full of language like"you must", and "further action" "thirty days" designed to get you to send them money.
Turns out that their little scam got enough bad press that they were forced to repeal it.
Needless to say, I never paid it.
My point is, what will they do if you ignore it??

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The problem with that is it's being reclassified from a B/Q which requires an EUC. Those items are supposed to be tracked anyway.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do nothing. I had an interview with a DIA agent a couple years back after I bought some equipment that was B/Q, and the most they said they can do was ask politely for it back. It's yours. If you don't even know what it is, write them a letter and explain you have no idea what that number is, what item it is, and what it's disposition is, and that will be the end of it.

devilman96

Your could proably mail them back a piece of firewood with a tin can nailed to it and they wouldn't know the difference between that and the actual item they are looking for...

Its a paper chase... Contact the DRMO in Battle Creek about it, if they give you a hard time contact your local congressional office for help in locating what said item is... Those people have got to be sick of hearing GL's name by now. After all... The office is there to serve you and your just being a upstanding, law abiding citizen looking out for national security and all...

SterlingDevelop

Along these same lines, I suggest that we all send registered letters to the IRS informing them that we have changed the status of our income from "taxable" to "non-taxable", and give them 19 days to return our money.
Think it''ll work????

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FWIW, I've been suspended from GL for not providing the end status of a engineless truck I bought from GL in Columbus OH. Another friend got a visit from the a DLA Agent in reference to a few lots of bayonets he bought. Don't underestimate them!

Michael

Since I first posted, I was able to trick GL's computer into running the NSN and found out it was made by LOCKHEED MARTIN CORP LOCKHEED MARTIN MISSION SYSTEMS. That makes me wonder if it is related to the F14 BS even though the F14 is made by Grumman.

Like Kenny said, if you don't play by their rules they will ban you from buying from them.

Michael

Allen, thanks for the help. It is an easier way to run the NSN than the way I did it, but there still isn't a picture of it.

I normally save the pages of the things I win but I had two hard drives to crash close together and I lost some of the data and scrambled most of the rest. I may be able to dig it out when I get home.

I am beginning to think it is just a 20 year old field computer terminal.

jodka

I found a more complete description, though still no photos:

This pdf file at gl describes Lockheed Martin PN 2694-5881 as:

LOT (3) LOCKHEED MARTIN PN 2694-5881 REMOTE TERMINALS W/REMOT
LOGIC MODULE MDL MU-858/TYQ-33(V), KEYBOARD MDL KY-903/TYQ-33(
MONITOR UNIT MDL MX-10723/TYQ-33(V) IN TRANSIT CASE
- Allen

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
oh looks like you got a terminal or computer.. how nice. it's yours. too bad. Now, tell them that it is for sale and they may buy it foir $15,000. oh, and you don't take checks. and they'll need to fill out an EUC and pay an administrative fee, and pick up/load out at your convenience.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OPCOM said:
oh looks like you got a terminal or computer.. how nice. it's yours. too bad. Now, tell them that it is for sale and they may buy it foir $15,000. oh, and you don't take checks. and they'll need to fill out an EUC and pay an administrative fee, and pick up/load out at your convenience.
I LOVE IT! :grd:

papercu

tos

When you bid on an item you agreed to their TOS and it says"
DEMIL CODE CHANGES – RETURN OF RESTRICTED PROPERTY:

Items sold by us, which are changed to a Demil Code status of other than B or Q from Demil Codes A, B or Q, must be returned by you to the nearest DRMS facility (at the expense of the Department of Defense), and you will be reimbursed for the purchase price and any subsequent transportation costs incurred. If you have already transferred the property to another party, you agree to provide the name and contact information of that party to the Department of Defense or other federal government agency charged with the investigation of the transfer.

Your failure to cooperate in returning these items, providing contact information of transferees or completing and submitting End-Use-Certificates upon any Demil Code change will constitute grounds for suspension of your account and prohibition from buying in future GL or U.S. Government sales.
http://www.govliquidation.com/terms.html

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: tos

ahh.. so you need to have sold that equipment to esomeone else, then have them follow my instructions!! GovLick is such a funny company, how do they do it??

OSO

RE: tos

Sounds like GL changes rules to make things harder for the working guy. I like on how they describe things then show a couple of pics and the bid list has a lot more things that didn't show up in photos . aua Then the ECU you fill out paper work then if you don't get approval you have to pay 25% of cost for returning item back into the bidding system , and if your ECU takes longer than load out time what happens then?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks