• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

THE East Coast Convoy photo/video thread

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
OK, I am sitting in my hotel room about to go to bed after the last day of the Aberdeen Rally and was about to post some pics and I though it would be neat of everyone posted their pics and video on one thread. Like a "catch all" thread.

I am going to start a thread for the Aberdeen Rally pics and video as well.

http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=116816

Only issues we had on our portion (Atlanta March unit):

My Deuce had a transfer case leak, apparently some guy working on it overfilled it.... :oops: But once it blew the overage out, it stopped.

When I stopped at Aberdeen, the throwout bearing was making a little noise but I greased it tonight and it seems ok. The new windshields leak something awful, but look good. Oh well. Windshield wiper motor died in a rainstorm.

I will let Gasser tell you about his tire adventure.

Enjoy!

Ok, here are some pics below and a link to a complete list of ALL the pics (and video) I shot:

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/clinto1/Aberdeen 2007/?start=all

Attachments

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I don't know if this is the right place for these, as it was more the ride home than the Convoy, but I'll throw 'em up regardless.

Brandon and I left about 0900 on Sunday morning, rode down the I-40/I-85 split. He split off on 40, I stayed on 85 South.

I gotta tell you, it was a little scary being 400+ miles from home, by myself, with the sun going down, in a 40 year old Army truck.

But the old girl got me home.

Attachments

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
They headed North to pick up a hardtop for Cabel's M37.

Have not heard from him, want me to call him?

CGarbee

Kenny,
Chuck and I went over to Hollywood, MD on the way home Sunday to pick up a hard top for my XM708 that a buddy had stashed at his place for me. His son graduated from VPI on Saturday, so he couldn't make it to the show (engineering graduate...).

The detour added a couple hours to the trip home, but we made it home alright with neither truck giving us any difficulties. Trucks are unloaded and awaiting post trip inspection and PM before heading out on the next trip (Saturday to Spencer ATHS/NCMVPA show at the old Southern Railway Shops that are now the State Transportation Museum).

I'm waiting on word from Gimpy about my M817... I promissed David Doyle that he could have a photo of it, and my XM708 (and hopefully, that duece dump of Jeff's) next year...

Thanks for asking about us. :)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last I spoke with Gimp is he couldn't get it to run on its own fuel and they were going to tow it to Oilcans place.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
More convoy pics! These were all taken at Ollies before the big entrance into the stadium.

Attachments

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Reviving a nearly 6 month old thread here, but it seemed like the right place to put this . . . .

I finally managed to edit a piece of video that I have been intending to share for some time now.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?module=pagesetter&type=file&func=get&tid=4&fid=file&pid=182

Many thanks to Armada for the great camera work as we zoomed? by. (and then trusting me with his original and only cd while I did some tinkering.

(Same video on YouTube also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xK8IlkOsfY )

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice job on the video...thanks. I love the M342A2 following up the rear of the convoy. You gotta love the look of the dump truck.

M1075

Cool video! Did I see one of those radar gun trailers that shows your speed as you go by? I couldn't quite make out the numbers. What was the speed? Sounded like about 53 mph.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ther is nothing better than a column of Mv's on the highway! I'm going to have to head there next year myself.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks