• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Home from Aberdeen

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Brandon and I are leaving Aberdeen in about an hour, I am gonna let him use my motel shower and then we're gonna get a big old breakfast at Bob Evans.

After that, it's a whole bunch of :driver:

I will check in as I can.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have a great return trip Clinto and Brandon!

Clinto, did you get your windshield wiper motor fixed? If not, Rainex works very well.
Thanks for sharing all your pictures from the convoy/show.

nickd

Home late on Saturday afternoon after changing a flat tire on John Dipasquale's deuce and loading tires and crap (priceless treasures) for a friend. Thanks to David Keone, we got the mule running again on Saturday morning after it backfired that morning and would not re start. He held class on trouble shooting the Mule for a couple of us and tracked tracked down a dead magneto. My next article will cover the proceedure in MVM. David also has some specialty tools he has developed over the years consisting of modified hand tools to make getting at the fittings and removing nuts and bolts easier. The class was injected with humor andknowlege. Got some kind of stomach bug so I wont be going far from the house today(if you know what I mean) Met a whole bunch of great guys in addition to all the members of this board and had a great time shopping and helping others. I hope everyone gets home safely and David stay safe in Korea and keep in touch.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Clinto, did you get your windshield wiper motor fixed?
Going to swap it this morning, I have a spare :D

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dhwife and I arrived home last night. Be careful driving home guys.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Got home around 9pm last night. The Overspeed light got a nice workout as we ran 60-65 for most of the trip. We only scared the crap out of a few foreign car owners. The trip started out real well when the truck wouldn't start again after getting some photos snapped of it by DDoyle. Mangus and Gilbert came to the rescue with a slave cable. It still wouldn't start with the slave cable, but that's because there was no wiring between the batts and the recept. on Gilbert's truck ;) We used jumper cables to get it going. The alt. charged great at idle, but anything higher than that it would lay off. Maybe need a new regulator. If so, then the ECC will have claimed the lives of two alternators, mine and Cabell's.

We hauled the mail for the rest of the trip. The rear end was much bouncier without the 6.2L in the back. So bouncy in fact that Chad's 5kw set lept off the bed and flipped itself over spewing gasoline, which was an improvement over WVO. We stopped at Home Depot along I95 and righted the set and strapped the wee out of it.

The truck had enough juice to make it the rest of the way. The headlights were less than bright, but at least Chad didn't have to get on the bumper with a MagLight.

Great meeting everyone and we look forward to doing again next year!

mangus580

We are packing up the hotel as I type, will be out of here shortly :driver:

Wish I had thought to grab a webcam at the house before I left..... with the Verizon Air Card, and my laptop mount in the deuce..... we could have a LIVE FEED!!!

The green serial is somewhere near the Ohio border, they had a tough time finding a hotel with rooms. Also maybe a rumor of some clutch and belt problems on 2 different trucks.

devilman96

after what I saw this weekend I think a live cam is the LAST thing SS needs to have up and running!!!! lol

Sitting in Ga waiting on a lay over, man am I glad I didn't take the road up. . . I think the 1100 miles home would have killed me!!!

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I just got home about an hour ago. Adam and his Dad Joe convoyed with me back to the bottom of the DC beltway. They headed south to SC. They said they were going to stop at a hotel later when they needed to. I went to a friends house to take a shower which I very much needed. I then drove on till I got tired. At which time I pulled off at a rest stop and slept in the cab most of the night.

We had some hard rain at times around Baltimore. I wish the defroster had a strong enough fan to clear the upper window where the seat puts me. I must say it is much easier to drive a deuce in a convoy. The cars are more respectful, and don't pull in and out in front of you.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clinto, if you check in before getting too far South, perhaps you can cut West on HWY 58 and come by my place. Joel could get his locust lumber, which I failed to deliver to Aberdeen. Going South from my place on I-77 wouldn't add very much to you total.
Just a thought. I know Joel would be happy. :)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Speaking of layovers, I'll be camped out at Charlotte until 1300 when my flight leaves. Once I get organized at home I'll let everyone know. Won't be as soon as I get home as it is Mothers Day and I need to spend some time with the boy's mommy. More to come.
Anyone heard from Pinkie or Dakotafear?

Armada

OJSDNA and I got back about 2300 hours last night. Would have been sooner but had a layover on the Ohio Turnpike for a bit. Don's tranny cooler line developed a small leak and progressed to a LARGE leak. Couldn't figure out why no one would drive behind him... Lost the trans as we were coming up on a plaza. (Clean living)!
Got out my "needful things roadtrip box" and we repaired it in the lot. Well, Don repaired it, he volunteered to lay in the pool of oil... after all, it was his truck. :) Pics to be posted soon..... hehe Multiple quarts of fluid later and we were back on the road.
Had an awesome time at the show and it was great meeting everybody. Good group of guys for sure. Hope to go again next year!
Thanks for posting the pics Clinto. You had photos of things I never saw! A day and a half of walking around that place and I still didn't see everything! Cabell, my hats off to the chef. That was one fine feast you prepared on Friday eve! Hope everyone had a safe trip home.

Pinkie

Pinkie rolled in about 10:20pm last night, only 20 minutes later then my plan was. The old truck ran good! We hit NO rain I heard the northern guys got beat pretty good. Dakota Fear said the rain was awful going through PA. As I sit hear typing I can only think of how nice it was to see everyone and make more great friends! Happy Mothers to our members that are mothers and yours!

Hey all got back last night around 8 30 pm.. hit some rain and was forced over to a different exit, so it added another hr to the long trip.. THanks pinkie for what you did.. thank you all for what you did!!! i'm home safe and sound and the old truck ran great, and i didnt eat anyone on the way home.. thanks jed for the mastercylinder find!! owe you one. Happy mother day guys, and lets keep tabs on everyone comming back.!!

Timberwolf

my 65 miles was a bear.... :driver: (not)

glad to hear those coming from much further are making it home safe.

Hey Chris, did the gas in the bed help cut the wvo ? haha. all you need now is to spill some brake clean in the bed for a clean getaway. :D

I need to spill some ODG in my bed... cause its definitly lacking that right about now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks