• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL Live Auction at Aberdeen show

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I heard VERY few people attended the auction. (Maybe it was like the auction for the rally.... come on guys, do I hear $5? ok, we'll throw in the M35 too... anyone?)

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The rally auction sucked not because of what was donated, but because the auctioneer wasn't selling the merchandise. All he was concerned about was the price he wanted for it. Regardless of whether you're a retail store, or an auctioneer, you have to focus on describing the merchandise, identifying what it fits, and making it sound like a worthwhile investment to the buyer. NOT:

"Here's a thing, c'mon I need $5, anyone $5, gimme $5, c'mon guys $5, going to a good cause $5, $5 $5, anyone $5?"

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I heard the M35A2 brought around $3500 and the M818 went for around $6500. Interestingly, I was told that GL waived the 10% bidders premium. Not sure who got the deuce, but I believe someone on this list got the M818.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
The guy who won the deuce was a short white male probably in his 60s. He looked to be dressed in maybe WWII uniform. I think GL took some pics of him, so he might pop up in some GL stuff. I don't know he is though. Scrounger got the tractor.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My question is, did the GL people take parts off the rigs after they sold?
Not yet, they took the trucks back to strip while the EUC clears. Once the EUC clears (stripping is complete), they will release the trucks and add the 10% buyers premium.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The winner of the trailer and the M35A2 was Lamar.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks