• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

beach ralley

gilbert21/2ton

i am planning a beach ralley for summer 2008 i need a head count of who is comming so i can reasurve the beach house the ralley will be in corolla NC on the beach we will have to drive 7 miles in the sand to get to the house it is family orented gathering so bring them please say im in if you want to attend. thanks guys

CGarbee

Gilbert, I'm in assuming that I can get off work. Soon as you canfirm up a date, let us know so I can get it on the schedule. Sounds like a blast....

The folks have got a place in Southern Shores in case we end up needing a second spot although it is approx twenty miles south of the place you are looking at...

CanonNinja

I'd totally be in, but after one long roadtrip in the truck, I dont think i'm ready for another one anytime soon, atleast not without intercom, good headsets, and better seats (so i can sucker another friend for the copilot position)

I'd like to try something similar for the southern guys, more TX and LA people... had a blast the other weekend when I limped the wounded truck out to the beach and camped out

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I think it's a fantastic idea, but I do not know if I will be able to swing enough vacation for it.

gilbert21/2ton

by the way this is a 7 day ralley and if you are comming i will need a $50 down payment from every one is comming i need at least 10 people befor i will resurve the beach house this is a heads up. i will try to resurve for eather june or early august.

gilbert21/2ton

bye the way i will need a $50 down payment from every one who is comming i need at least 10 people befor i will resurve the beach house. i will try to resurve it for eather june or early august but will post it when i get 10 or more people. the $50 dollers is not needed yet after i got 10 then i will ask for it. thanks

gilbert21/2ton

ok up date we are looking at the mounth of september date not set yet we will be staying at cgarbee house so costs will be less if you dont want to drive you can fly in and we can make arangements for you to be picked up at the air port

CGarbee

OK, to add a tad more to what Gilbert21/2ton has posted...

My folks have a place at Southern Shores. Normal rental for it runs from Sunday to Sunday, so it's a week long gathering, but folks can always come for the first part of the week, the middle, or the end depending on schedules as long as we know ahead of time what folks are planning... I have to sit down with the folks (including my Aunt and Uncle who own a similar house across the street that is actually the beachfront house) in September of 2007 to set the rental dates for 2008. At that time, I can block out a week for us to use one, or both, houses. We could use any week that is not being used by the familly (or our friends) that is normally open for rental in September.

Location is in Southern Shores, NC. A few miles north of the Wright Memorial Bridge (US158) crossing of the Currituck Sound. The house is close to the usual beach activities such as the grocery, seafood market, put-put, hangliding, sound beach with swings for the little guys, ect. and, of course, the Atlantic Ocean is out the front door. Other things like the Wright Memorial, Lighthouses, and areas where we can drive on the beach/surf fish aren't far away.

If you want to take a gander at the house, go to the Southern Shores rental website at:
http://www.southernshores.com/rentals/property/139

If we have a large enough group to need to use the my Aunt's house, it would be this one as well:
http://www.southernshores.com/rentals/property/251

Cost of this event would be a small donation to offset the cost of getting the place cleaned when we left, and for food. Gilbert may have some group events in mind that might need a donation as well, but that'll get figured out as we go along.

I think it's a great idea for some fellowship and to get some sand between the toes, but I'm going to leave the organization to him (it's his idea). I just need to know if enough of you are serious about showing up for me to reserve the place(s) for use to use.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I too think it is a great idea, but my wife is supposed to be delivering our first child on September 1st, so I think I better sit this one out. It's not very far from me so I might be able to pop in for a day in my civi truck just to hang out with you guys for a little bit.

I am going to move this to the Rally section of the forum so more folks will see it besides deuce owners.

CGarbee

Chris, you are planning WAY ahead if her due date is in September 2008.

Keep in mind folks, that we are talking about having this gathering NEXT YEAR, but we need to have an idea of who wants to come THIS YEAR in order to get the house...

gilbert21/2ton

update

well i havent been on in a wile so heres an update the raley is still a go as long as cgarbe is still wanting to do it. im sorry you havent herd from me lately i have baght a trucking companey and have been on the road so if people are still interested let me know

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks