• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gimpy made it!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What, no pics? What a site that must have been, dragging the M817 with the shop van. I want pics! BTW, glad you made it Chris.

CGarbee

Great news!!
Hate to hear that you had to tow the new toy out the yard...but not too surprised to be honest. AMGeneral and I will just have to run up in his M816 with a load of stuff and do a little work on it before we get her on the road to NC. I owe you...

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
O.K. I was a dead dog last night. Needed a meal, a shower, and SLEEP! We got the truck to run, but only off either. We tried to use my 2pin jumper cable to start it, till the cables started to melt. Pull starting didn't do anything either. We pulled it home to Adam's storage area, 40mph on the flats and 15mph up some hills. One hill(on the back roads) was low range first(holy chit!) that was a .5 mph climb. I got some pics, Adam has more, will post up when I get home. The truck is stored in a mostly safe area, get things in order at home and don't worry about it. BRING SOME AXLE CLAMP ADAPTERS IN ORDER TO HAVE THE TRUCK RELEASED! Just kidding, no not really. :)

CGarbee

RE: Re: RE: Gimpy made it!

You know, if somebody had told me that you were the guy getting the clamps, I wouldn't have sold them ten minutes before you walked up and asked for them.... :(

I'm already on the horn getting replacement set for you (new in the box, not new sliding around on the floor of my truck... it's an upgrade!).

We'll come loaded with stuff for the pickup. AMGeneral has been bending my ear about what I need to have in hand, as has Sarge here at work (and Sarge works on these every week at the NCANG Armory next door...). Great to hear that you at least got it to spin over... :)

Thanks again.

gimpyrobb

We did tell you that I didn't even feel the push right? I felt the tap of the bumpers meeting, but no speed increase. I will have to look for a cheap D turbo if I can't find an LDS to drop in.
Mangus, thats how things go for the Gimp, I own 3 towbars but only one is in my possesion(sp?) One is in Fl and the other is in Tx.
No problem on the towbar adapters, just wanted them to have them. I think if fresh batteries were used, and someone knew how to bleed that system, it would fire up. The problem I (Adam actually) found was some air leaks. Not sure how that would reak havok on the brakes.

CGarbee

Gimpy,
Everyone that I have talked to has said that air leaks in the fuel supply drive this engine bananas... Thankfully, AMGeneral has a lot of experience in how to do a good blead and repair of the fuel supply (so we can avoid any novice mistakes I would make...).
Brakes have problem if they don't get air since you loose boost (just like on a duece, but a whole lot more to stop...).

CGarbee

RE: I had to do it

Yeah, I sorta would like to see some photos myself... But then, I'm having withdrawal problems as it is...

gimpyrobb

I will get pics up sometime soon. I didn't know I was scheduled to pick up the truck @ 9:00am, so we stopped at a bone yard to pick some pieces for me and Barrman's trucks before hitting Columbus. I didn't want to hit rush hour traffic. About 11:30 we showed up and pulled the truck out of the lot. The GL lady wasn't real happy, but was nice and called a guy to take us to the truck to get it out. I always over commit, so I am doing my best to keep work, Shelley, and you's guys happy. :) Again, pics soon.

CGarbee

Sorry about that... I figured that you wanted some time to play with it and didn't want you to show up before they were ready for you...

gimpyrobb

No biggie, I have always said they are very nice to deal with. I don't know any of them good enough to ask favors of, but will not hesitate to buy from that site. First class all the way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks