• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who has a lifted m1010 on here?

I'm looking to finally lift my M1010 in the very near future, and I wanted to see how many of you have a liftkit installed that is more than 6"? I know that I talked to someone on here a year or so ago that had done a custom lift using the leaf springs from a certain military trailer (can't remember which model trailer it was). As of now I'm looking to do 8"springs up front plus a 1" zero rate, and the back will most likely get a 4" shackle flip, 4-6" lift springs, and a 1" zero rate. My goal is to run 40" tires, and as little sheetmetal cutting as I can get away with. If you have a CUCV that is running 6"s or less of lift, but still clearing 38.5" or taller tires I'd be interested in seeing/hearing about your setup. Thanx in advance fellow meat wagon owners!

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M1010 lift

The Previous Owner lifted this 1010, 4" front 3" rear and had 33" mud terrains on it when it came home.

I found a special on some 35" then dropped it back on the originals for that parade look.

There are other CUCV's with bigger rubber so anything is possible. High CG will produce some puckering I'm sure so don't forget the video camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX8xgDKewCc

Attachments

tymbom

I ran 40s on my M1008 when I built it in 2009. 4in lift springs with longer shackles and a zero rate leaf in front. Use the zero rate to move the axle forward 1.5 in to get your tires out of the firewall. In the back I used a shackle flip and some Hd shackles with a zero rate to level it out. It ends up at about 6in lift total. I had to trim the fenders out too. I ordered everything from Offroad Design. Those guys are awesome. With the stock 6.2, it wasn't fun to drive up hills though. I hauled lots of firewood and stuff. I've since put 37s on and its better all around. Besides, my wife is 5'2", so she has a hard time getting up in the cab. I wouldn't run 40s again unless it was a offroad only rig.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks