• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why do some people hate military vehicles?

kabar1

Well another legal battle with HOA rules and dirty neighbors. So I rolled in the second m1009 and the battle starts. Apparently the neighborhood has been plotting since I rolled the first one in, the neighbor beside me was able to quit claim the land behind me where I work and store the vehicleLes, the land was supposed to be mine from when I bought the house according to the realtor , there were no survey stakes and all the other neighbors thought the same thing About the property lines , now he says I have 30 to remove all items or face fines , and hoa is also trying to say the vehicles are considered a neighborhood nuisance , yes it is my fault for not having it re- surveyed and staked. What kind of person goes and does something like that .

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bet painting your house 3 color camo, would get their goat.

Al Harvey

It seems HOAs are getting out of control and are more mob rule then anything else. Sounds like a re-survey is in order. If you need somewhere to store one let me know.

kipman

Always read the fine print. You need to have a discussion with your Realtor. If you can prove you were given inaccurate information, you will have a leg to stand on.

kabar1

It seems HOAs are getting out of control and are more mob rule then anything else. Sounds like a re-survey is in order. If you need somewhere to store one let me know.
Plan on painting all trim on that side the worlds ugliest color, I welcome all legal ideas. Thanks I may take you up on that. I'm going to not movie anything till I get a court order instead of just verbal, and papers shown to me.

Kloakndagr

That is why I would never buy, rent or move into a neighborhood with an HOA. My buddy has a condo and a HOA, screw that. I don't want someone telling me what kind of fence I can put up or have to ask permission to install a sat dish. Then that's why I live on 130 acres, neighbor is a mile away, and no one complains bout my deuce!

slantflat

In my case it isn't my neighbor that has a beef with my vehicles, him and I got into it over something completely unrelated but this is his way of winning. He won before as well, it was something to do with the HOA I was president of, he completely ignored anything I told him and the rest of the board didn't want to do anything, lest we "come across as evil." I can tell you that set a dangerous precedent.

So now the only time the county is called is when there's a squabble, not because of the property itself. Just a good way at getting back at someone I guess.

All this talk about code and associations has got me thinking more and more about moving to the middle of nowhere.

Kloakndagr

I am in the middle of nowhere, Bradley California, population 120! Got sick of people, too many knuckleheads, and as a LEO I saw my share. Now I am retired! I say screw central coast Cali!

3rdaavbn

All this talk about code and associations has got me thinking more and more about moving to the middle of nowhere.[/QUOTE]
Amen Brother! That is what I'm doing.

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What you need is a HET so it faces directly towards their house so no fence can stop them from seeing a massive camo military truck.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
To get back to the original question, "why do some people hate military vehicles?"
There are several possible explainations.
I don't think it is the vehicle itself but more what it represents to different people. There are people that don't like the military in any shape, form or fashion.
And there are those narrow minded people that just can't stand to see someone else having a good time and want to "kill the buzz".
Then there are those that are on a power trip and think they can bend other people to their will.
The bottom line is sometimes you have to draw a line and dare them to cross it using all legal means to do so.
That's all I got.

Flyingvan911

They are afraid the camo trucks will ruin their perfect little neighborhood. Their homes' values are now worse than zero! Oh the humanity!!!!

They live in a dream world and don't have any common sense or respect for others.

Last edited:

glassk

Find out if they have made other complaints here or at former places, as wreckerman says, need to determine why they are complaining , common ground may be found or you may have to push the envelope some,...

iatractor

I had several idiots give me a laundry list of why they hate me truck and trailer: 1 It represents war and oppression of other cultures by American imperialism 2. it has an internal combustion engine that contributes to global warming, 3. it makes noise, 4. it might flatten bicycles 5. it's not a practical vehicle. Those are the reasons idiots have given me. #5 is the only one I won't argue on. Everyone has to have something fun in life. Might be they are just jealous or need to worry more about their own lives instead of what I drive.

Last edited by a moderator:

TacticalDoc

HOA are a bunch of old farts that have nothing better to do than annoy people. With that in mind, if its his property he can do what he wants. Also, it depends on how it looks. Usually if they are less than 1.5 ton trucks they can say much but bigger trucks will always be trouble with HOA.
CUCV isn't any big deal and I cant see why HOA can say anything about it

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks