• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spent Veterans Day at a WWII event with my jeep and kids.

ncreb

I have been a Civil War reenactor for years. I don't do WWII much. I have my '43 Willys, the 1917a1 and the mostly finished 1919a4, and a couple of different WWII era guns.
A local Civil War site has had a WWII living history, display, and skirmish. I am honored to have been invited for the past two years.
The water cooled gun is always a very popular display. I spent most of the day explaining what, how, when and why about the 1917a1, foremost and then the jeep. I love to hear the stories from the Veterans!

The '43 is a work in progress. It has come a long way and has a long way to go.

I know that I am two WWII soldiers, so no lose weight or get shorter comments. My "modest" frame does make it interesting to get in and out of the Willys though :cool:.

Thanks to all of you who have served! I appreciate ALL of this nations veterans!

I took my two oldest kids along. Michael (6yrs) and Katie (4yrs). They had a blast! Here are a few pictures of us, the display, and the loaded down Willys.

Al Harvey

Great pictures. It does look like your kids were having a blast. My lil brother works with some of the local civil war reenactors when they have their field day for the elementary school. He dresses up and shows them how to march. I do like the 1917, I was watching a special about it and the 1919 leading to the M2HB and learned somethings I didn't know so I bet you were having to explain why and how on it. Thank you for sharing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks