• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SS Friends are the BEST there are!

OL AG '89

Didn't find a specific spot for a THANKYOU thread, but I needed to give a THANKYOU to a couple of GREAT guys.
nofearnohope(Lincoln) & fuzzytoaster(Brett) helped my family out in a HUGE way tonight.
My son decided to go and help a friend out who got stuck in the mud this afternoon. Well long story short he and a friend went out in two separate 4wd trucks, but also got stuck.....
I called Lincoln to see if he could help. He called Brett and POOF, they were there with the 5 Ton.
This is MY definition of a TRUE friend! It's 40 degrees and raining and they didn't even hesitate to come out in the cold and help these kids.
I just wanted to thank them for dropping everything to help out. This what makes SS so great!
The quality of SS members is second to none!

Kasper31

That's what we are all about, everything form how to take care of your MV to the best advice and proper parts, and the best of all the help we get when we're having problems either being "stuck" or just making our equipment better.

OL AG '89

So at about 10 o'clock last night, they got two trucks stuck, but got two out.......well here's the "rest of the story"
Brett was able to get my Son-in-law out after he got stuck tying get my son out. Brett went back into the HUGE ruts they created with the other recoveries......... And got high centered...... They tried for a while, including trying to "dig" the 5 ton out..... Didn't go so well.
i decided to take a "vacation" day and head up to college station. I got up there, assessed the situation and started the recovery. We decided to hook him up to my M1009 and give it a shot..... Yea you read it right, M1009 tugging on a 5 ton.
we got him to move put the front diff was just plowing up mud. We got the shovels out and dug a "trench" for the diff to run in until we could the front wheels out of the rut.
with the first try, I rutted up the area and was close to getting stuck as well..... Man I need a M778, snoopy or an M88...
i had another heavy tow strap, so we hooked 2 together. I got a little run and after a couple good pulls, WE WERE OUT!
i can't thank Brett enough for spending the better part of a day helping us out.
i took pictures with my phone but haven't gotten them to where I can upload them.... So maybe tomorrow, you will see the aftermath....

kabar1

That's what we are all about, everything form how to take care of your MV to the best advice and proper parts, and the best of all the help we get when we're having problems either being "stuck" or just making our equipment better.
I couldn't agree more! Best group of people ever!

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Didn't find a specific spot for a THANKYOU thread, but I needed to give a THANKYOU to a couple of GREAT guys.
nofearnohope(Lincoln) & fuzzytoaster(Brett) helped my family out in a HUGE way tonight.
My son decided to go and help a friend out who got stuck in the mud this afternoon. Well long story short he and a friend went out in two separate 4wd trucks, but also got stuck.....
I called Lincoln to see if he could help. He called Brett and POOF, they were there with the 5 Ton.
This is MY definition of a TRUE friend! It's 40 degrees and raining and they didn't even hesitate to come out in the cold and help these kids.
I just wanted to thank them for dropping everything to help out. This what makes SS so great!
The quality of SS members is second to none!
I wanted to get muddy so it was an excellent excuse. :p But in all seriousness I was glad to help and glad you were there to give me a tug too. Today was them, tomorrow maybe me. I managed to snap a few pics of the aftermath at least. It was good to catch up with you OLAG! WHOOP!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks