• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4 inch lift is in and HMMWV tires on

evldoer

This is a M1031 truck I got out of GL in Minnesota. Had about 30000 miles on it. I removed the maintenance box and bought a regular M1008 box from another SS member here.(thanks Truckhead!) Got a good deal on 2 pallets of 37 inch tires and wheels out of ft Polk this summer. They didn't make it home until just 2 weeks ago, so I didn't waste any time getting a set on the truck. First I tried them with no lift and just the 2 inch spacers. Well that was fine as long as I didn't turn the wheels at all. The pic without any snow on the ground is with just the wheels.
I found a 4 inch lift used, and put it on. Springs up front and 4 inch blocks in the back. Springs in the front actually raised truck 5 inches, not the advertised 4. Maybe they will settle an inch. Next I will be looking for a crossover steering setup. I have ordered a set.of longer brake lines from ORD. I will get them on soon as they show up. Its fine going down the road, tires make a lot of noise, and people look at the truck funny.
I took some pics of it next to a stock height M1008 for reference.

Attachments

truck1

Looks great. Did the same to my truck but with a shackle flip from ORD. One thing I noticed is that parts wear out faster when you run 37's . Even with a 1 ton suspension. Ask me how I know.

evldoer

Looks great. Did the same to my truck but with a shackle flip from ORD. One thing I noticed is that parts wear out faster when you run 37's . Even with a 1 ton suspension. Ask me how I know.
That's not a bad thing. That just means you drive your truck!

evldoer

Did the snow plow mount come on the green truck from surplus or did you buy it after market?
I bought the plow and mount used. Had to modify the mount to fit it on the truck, but it wasn't bad. That thing plows like a dream. Its a lot of fun in a good snow

Nice looking truck. Looks great with the lift and tires.

On an unrelated note, my great-great grandpa built and ran the Lehner's Corner tavern/general store in Leroy. I think it's Kollmans Korner supper club now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks