• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24V Horn

amanco

I need an exploded view of the 24V horn. There are 6 varying size washers between two the two sound discs and solenoid and I didn't watch which went where. The horn works, it is just on a bind because it isn't put together right. I'm tired of taking apart bolts over and over.

amanco

Ok, got the horn back together and if I use a jumper off the batteries it works great. A meter on the horn wires shows 24V But now here is the weird thing, plug the horn in and it does not work, even though my meter shows 24V going to it. I took the douglas connectors off and found out which wire is the hot wire. I put the positive lead of my tester on it and the neg lead of the tester to the body and it shows 24V, but if I try to short the hot wire, no spark and like I said It does not make the horn work. Now this is the strangist thing I have ever seen! Is there a solenoid that is not hooked up right and I have a low amperage lead? what gives?!?!?

CGarbee

There is no solenoid in the M37 horn circuit. The M37 has hot wire feeding the horn, wire from horn runs over to the frame, into the steering box, up the column, to the horn button in the steering wheel. Push on horn button, complete circuit to ground, horn sounds.

So, to get a quick check, run the wire from the ground side of your horn to a good known ground, and it should sound if you have enough current flowing into it and it is a good horn...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks