• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Going to Coleman's next week. Need anything?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be taking a trip up to Coleman's Surplus in central PA next Friday. Saturn Surplus is nearby. Does anyone need anything up that way while I am up there? I don't have a lot of cash to play with, but I can pick up smaller items and hold them for a spell...

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Going to Coleman

Anyone? Got a PM from nickd saying he'd like to meet me up there. Seems every time I post pics from Colemans I get a bunch of guys drooling over the hardware laying around the yard, thought there'd be interested in me salvaging some parts....

OSO

Well studs for front spacers on 5ton Bridge truck 4"+ in length could use about 3 . Had one break last FRI. aua OSO

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, here's who I have down for parts so far:

BIGDIG - HMMWV rear bumper - I don't think he has any of them

CanonNinja - M35 exhaust stack and J pipe - will check

OSO - M139 bridge truck well studs - I don't think he has any of them

HeadWizard - M35A2 left fender, radiator, and plastic battery box - will check

Opie - three of the 25MM ammo boxes, M35 pair of soft top cab bows, a throttle cable, or even just the pull handle, a stone guard (whatever the small grill that fit over the radiator is called), a pair of front axle hubs (to be de-splined) - will check

Junkyard Wars Crusher - 5-ton air cleaner assembly - will check

I believe there was someone a while back who wanted the rear fenders for a deuce tractor. Does anyone still need these?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I was there a few months ago, the only M35A2 radiators he had were total junk. Perhaps when they were first put in the field, all nice and new they were good, but years or being tossed arround, they are toast now...

BKinzey

What the heck :D Ask them if they have any 8 lug, 12 bolt, HMMWV rims and how much they want for them. If you can get a look or a pic so much the better. 8 bolts are everywhere and 12 bolts are rare, unless you are willing to pay $100 ea :evil:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
BKinzey said:
What the heck :D Ask them if they have any 8 lug, 12 bolt, HMMWV rims and how much they want for them. If you can get a look or a pic so much the better. 8 bolts are everywhere and 12 bolts are rare, unless you are willing to pay $100 ea :evil:
You're gonna have to help me with a pic on those. 8 lug 12 bolt? I am used to 1 bolt for every lug nut, but that's just me.

BKinzey

They are a beadlock rim. The rim comes apart. The 8 lug refers to the hub mounting holes. 12 bolt refers to the 12 nuts & bolts that hold the two rim parts together :D

BTW, I don't want the runflats either but they are usually sold separately anyway.

Fairly popular with the 4X4 crowd. Plenty of confusion about them. Most often question is where do you get 12 lug hubs or adapters for 'em :lol:

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, I'll check on those too. I know he has plenty of runflat inserts in the scrapyard as well, but I won't bore you with them...

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was looking for a dropside tailgate, I got one last time I was there. It was NOS with 10+ years of weathering and rust. It's a shame that it was brandy new at one time, and he just let it rust away out in the yard.............

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The problem with Colemans is that unless your talking to Tom the guy outside who KNOWS the yard, just about anyone else there doenst have a clue, and you need to go there and walk arround in the yard to find what you need.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks