• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Safety (inspections)

dmetalmiki

It has come to our attention recently when servicing 2 1/2 and 5 ton trucks for colleagues who are not familliar with or will not service their trucks properly (or at all) that when the wheels and drums are pulled to see whats what on more than two occasions now we found the rivets LOOSE and the brake linings sloppy on their shoes. This could be a major failure with dangerouse consequences if they pulled (or sheared) off when driving or braking. This is just one more additional pointer to look out for when stripping cleaning and (then) adjusting brakes. ON A PERIODIC BASIS.

Rifleman

These shoes your talking about with the lose rivits, were they a factory OEM part, or were they a replacement aftermarket part? If they were an OEM part can you list the cage or manufacturer number stamped into them.

RAYZER

This happened to me, I had excessive squealing noise coming from the front wheels (on my deuce) when braking, pulled one side apart to find everything looked new, pulled the other side and noticed that at least half the shoe rivets were missing like they were never installed and the rest were loose.
This truck was fresh from the government and had no maintenance performed untill this.
The brake shoes were white in color instead of the standard red.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks