• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105A2 questions

twitchyfinger

Newbie here with a couple M105 questions. First I was wondering what the actual weight of the trailer is. The 1 1/2 ton is the actual capacity weight correct? I have found a 96 M105A2 in excellent condition with the sides and cargo cover for $600. Is that an ok price? Thanks in advance.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That sounds like a good price for all the trimmings and especially a '96. Does it have a title or is it plated already? Got a truck to pull it with? Welcome to Steel Soldiers.

twitchyfinger

Thanks for the warm invite. Yes it is currently plated and has a a Colorado "home made trailer" title. I will be pulling it with a Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab 4X4. BTW how much does the trailer actually weigh?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd almost guarantee that the trailer is older than 1996, but 1996 was the year that the current owner applied for the title. THe newer trailers have different front lifting shackles on each side of the front a-frame (right in front of the bed). The newer trailer's lifting rings protrude downward and are much more stout than the ones on the older trailers. I am not sure when they switched to the newer style, but I'd say it was in the mid-80s sometime. I think $600 is a fair price since it has the crank up landing gear and the cargo cover.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
An M101 might be a better choice for your Ram, but I have pulled an M105 behind my F-150. And I can't remember where (rofl) but I have seen pictures of Jeep Cherokees and Volvo station wagons pulling them.

I believe they weigh approximately 2500 lbs.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For a Dodge Ram, go with a M101, NOT the M105. The M105 is too big. You wont be able to hook up or unhook the trailer to the truck without the help of atleast 3 other friends. Trust me.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen guys drop the height of the M105 by installing rims/tires off of an Isuzu cab-over truck (the bolt pattern matches perfectly). This eliminates the problem of needing three guys to help hook up the trailer, but you still have the problem of weight. Empty, the trailer weighs over 2700 pounds.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think for a straight trailer, cargo cover, crank up landing gear, title...6 bills is a descent price.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The crank up landing gear doesn't go very low. Even if you flip the lunette, I doubt you could crank it much below 30". I've moved many with my K3500 and have to a highlift jack to couple them up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks