• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

paint for markings

deuceman51

What are you guys using for white paint for the stars and markings on your trucks. Does anybody know what is compatable with gillespie? Wonder why they don't have their own color for white markings?

Tony

Deuceman,

You hitthe nail on the head. When I was talking to AJP about white paint for star & markings he advised me to make sure that it was compatible with Gillespie or it will run and not adhere. I will look up my notes and see if he had any recommendations.

Tony

lacoda56

I got gilespie paint from Second Armor Productions and asked them the same question. Was told that the best they knew of was Painters Choice [if I remember correctly] sold by Home Depot / Lowes building centers. It's their cheap grade of rattle cans. I used semi gloss white with Rick Larson stencils and it turned out great. Apply 4 or 5 very light coats until you have a good solid color and you're good to go. The base color [Gilespie] should cure a couple weeks before stenciling. Btw, they said not to use krylon brand spraypaint. Nothing against Krylon, it just won't work with Gilespie paints. Hope this helps.
Ron

da_sgt

Another option is vinyl decals, "Rick Larson" sells those also. I had mine made local, guy came out took measurements, and I had perfect decals, cheaper than Ricks also [^] Decals can be used and considered to be spec (even on my 53 M37), if all markings are decals, which means no mixing and matching. All paint or all decals is how the book reads ;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks