• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Nearly finished with my CUCV

colelkhunter

Been a while since I have posted anything so I thought I would post some pics of my latest project nearing completion. It is in the trial phases now to fix anything that doesn't work right. All in all I am happy with the truck. Turning radius is short but workable. It seems to go anywhere I point it and laugh at me for trying to hurt it. I will post a list of upgrades for you gents below. Today I was out playing in the snow and thought you all might enjoy a pic.

Upgrades:

Rebuilt j code 6.2
Sm465 4 speed transmission
np 205 transfer case
M1008 dana 60 and 14 bolt with lockers, 4.56 gears,rear disc brake conversion.
Aluminum wheels and new 37" goodyear wrangler tires. I will eventually upgrade to 24 bolt HMMWV wheels with beadlocks.
6" Offroad design lift including a shackle flip into the rear,new springs on all corners.
Soft top (was on the truck when I bought it)
Industrial equipment Tire chains for the 37" tires.
Tom woods driveshafts and superflex joints.
91 chevy front 60-40 seat (previous owner install)

Mods I have left.

ORD crossover steering and high steer kit.
ORD winch mount behind factory bumper
ORD spare tire carrier for the back.
Full CARC Arctic Camo paint job.
All should be done in the spring.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks