• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Super Singles???

Mogmans

I was looking at some pics of M35s with single rear wheels, it appears that the rear hub offset is different more like the front. What's up with this, can the front hubs be mounted to the rear axle? I did a search with no answer.
Craig

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rear hubs can be flipped. Simple, easy and effective.
PS front and rear hubs are the same.

M1075

Once the rear hubs are flipped, the front and back axles are the same overall length. Some 4x4 guys run two front axles to have 4 wheel steering.

czechsix

Hi Craig - good to see you here. You going to single out the deuce? Easy to do....

Maybe it's time to get a built deuce into something like the top truck challenge, like the mog, eh?

I still remember that tranny blowing on the hill......sheesh.

spicergear

My M715 with Rockwells and that jazz is on page 40 of the current issue of Four Wheeler Magazine in the Editor's top 60 to have the readers vote on to make the field of 10 for Top Truck Challenge.

spicergear

Oh come on man...when you see a third winch on the deuce mounted on the side where the spare tire originally was, THEN...I'll be showing off. [^]

[thumbzup]

Wyattearp

Check out CraneTrucks Rig. Bjorn has the super singles i have seen his truck personally and its a awesome ride. He can even tell you how to remove and replace for super single mode...

:yeah:

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmm..I have single 11.00's, not really "super singles". I think the original deuces were designed for singles.
The bed is narrowed (home made) to 89 inches on mine to better match the track width. And the new M756 deck is only 85 inches wide plus all the goodies giving it an overall width of 96 inches. Curious to see what it will look like.

spicergear

It's interesting you bring up the part about the bed width. I was quite pleased to see that when I swapped the dropside on I could actuall see the sides of the NDT's under it. ?? I measured the be to find that it's outside measure, not counting hinges, and found it to be 1" per side narrower than a std bed. I'm hoping to better match the trackwidth when I get the big XL singles on. Good eye Bjorn.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks