• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

More M105A2 questions

RodsRVF

Hello, great site and it has already been very helpful. I just bought a M105A2 and have a few questions on about it.

Between 35-40 mph I get a strange vibration or bouncing feeling that smooths out above 40. Any ideas on what this could be?

Is there some trick on how to flip the lunette? I pulled the cotter pin and loosened the nut but can not seem to be able to slid it forward to clear the stop to rotate it.

The handle is really hard to pull fold the front gear up. Any tricks to making it easier?

The front wiring was cut and the former owner put a 4 plug put on. The brake lights work, if I use the left turn signal the both lights flash and if I use my right turn signal the left signal flashes. The running lights are not working. Is there a wire chart somewhere so I can figure this out? I know these are normally used with a 24v system and I saw you need to change the bulbs to use it with a 12v. If the lights are coming on does that mean it has already been done? The old owner used it only for camping trips so he did not ever fix it right.

It is a 1990 and the rubber has some cracks in it. Any ideas where to find a extra rim and new tires? I am in Southern California. (Norco)

Thanks for the help,
Rod

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
There are very few things on the trailer that could cause "vibration or bouncing" other then the tires, so check for flat spots or them being out of round. Since I saw more then a few knowledgeable people trying to flip the lunette this year at Aberdeen using a sledge to loosen it up I don't think there are any tricks to flipping it. I would suggest penetrating oil, big hammers, and heating part of the frame that the lunette goes into. If the wiring harness was cut before where it goes under the body then it should be any easy mater of finding a replacement front section then connecting it by the numbers on the metal clips to the rest of the wiring harness where the split is just under the body.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've never had a problem flipping the lunette until Aberdeen. That one kicked my butt. What are you towing this vehicle with? I would suggest checking out the technical manual section and downloading the manual for your trailer. I don't recall the TM number but it's probably listed on the trailer data plate. FWIW, right click on the link to the manual and save it to your computer, right clicking it won't get it to open.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I concur with BUILDER77...I bet the problem has to do with the tires. A friend told me he had the same problem. He ended up un-mounting the tires and found a folded extra flap inside one tire that caused this same problem at certain speeds. Just a possibility...

CCATLETT1984

hehe, guess my trailer just wanted to fight. :D

i still havent flipped it yet, but i think i'm gonna try backing the nut off some and driving down my buddies dirt road. if that doesnt do it then out comes the air hammer.

RodsRVF

Thanks for all the input.

The first thing that I have been working on is the flip of the lunette. This has been a lot harder than I thought. I have lubed it, heated it, drove it on the local rough and dirts roads and even bought a sladge hammer. I don't think it has moved at all.
Any more thoughts on getting this done?

Thanks,
Rod

Xterratuff

I saw one post (somehwere in this section I think) about using heated wax or heated oil... Heat the wax or oil till it's good and hot and then soak the lunette in it for 30 minutes or so....

rdixiemiller

Loosen the nut, then put a hydraulic jack between the end of the lunette and the frame. Apply liberal pressure. Now, smack the socket that the lunette fits in with a big hammer. That is how I loosened up one of mine to flip it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks