• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New seat options

svlsmokey

The vinyl seats in my truck have taken a beating and I have considered trying to find a different seat with head support. Anyone know if the bench seat from an '88 - '98 truck will bolt in?

tymbom

Sorta.... I've put two 60/40 split bench seats Chevy trucks before. You gotta take the sliders apart for the original seat. The part that bolts to the floor gets saved. Then cut the seat brackets for the new seat down. Weld some 1in square tubing from one side to the other on the floor mounts, but leave some sticking out on both sides because the new seat is wider. Basically tying the two sides together. Now you position the new seat on those rails and weld the sliders for the new seat onto the 1in tubing. I can get some pics if you need. Its not easy to see under the seat though

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks