• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bomar76's new deuce!

bomar76

Brought it home today.

1970 Kaiser M35A2 w/o winch soft top Multifuel turbo

Bought it from Roger ...."Red Star Aviation"...he has all those MV's at US40 & 42 just off I70 near London OH...his # is 937-429-7758.

Great guy!

I can HIGHLY recommend him as a source for MV and parts......friendly, honest, and great selection!

The trip home was pretty uneventful.

I do need to get some new side window weather stripping ASAP

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Baja, my neck was getting crooked. Nice looking truck, very nice. Roger had a bunch of those bed tarps at one point. I'll bet he has a few put back for a rainy day. He had tons of bows for a while too. Bomar, if you go back to see Roger, see if he has a deuce winch chain for me?

bomar76

Thanks for the complements.

I know Roger sold a bazillion tops and bow sets on ebay a while back, dunno how many he has stashed.

I'm gonna send Roger a link to this site and an invite, and will ask him about a winch chain when I talk to him.

Deuce-bigalo

Great ride! [thumbzup] Is this the one Baja is going to be driving to school? That's last I heard of the venture. If so, do they allow a vehicle that big? I know at my old HS they wouldn't have flyed with that idea!

John

bomar76

He will turn 16 this fall, and that will be his school wheels.
We live in a country type setting, and the school is really small, so there should be zero problem.
If they raise any stink at all ....I went to high school with most of the idiot teachers and board members there.....I'll kick their azzes if I have to ;)

baja_power

Just think Of looking out in the parking lot and seeing a lot full of Honda’s and Mazda's, a few jacked pickups..........

And then a duce towering over all of them... MUAWAHAHAHAH

yoyoyopo3

wait you said the DMV threw a fit when you tried to get tags? i thought these things are street legal? arnt they, if you can help me it would be appreciated. i am hoping to buy one wihtin the next few days but if it isnt street legal i won't.

yoyoyopo3

wait you said the DMV threw a fit when you tried to get tags? i thought these things are street legal? arnt they, if you can help me it would be appreciated. i am hoping to buy one wihtin the next few days but if it isnt street legal i won't.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They seem to be street legal! I've been driving one for many a year without a problem. You have to jump through some hoops to get a HMMWV registered for highway use but I've never had a problem registering mine. I've even bought them from folks in GA where they don't have titles. An old registration and bill of sale along with a VIN verification completed by the police has always got me titled and driving.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yoyoyopo3, need to add your location to your signature to comply with forum rules. If you're having difficulties doig so, just ask, we'll help.

They seem to be street legal! I've been driving one for many a year without a problem. You have to jump through some hoops to get a HMMWV registered for highway use but I've never had a problem registering mine. I've even bought them from folks in GA where they don't have titles. An old registration and bill of sale along with a VIN verification completed by the police has always got me titled and driving.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks