• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BFR's "new" m170

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
RE: BFR

I am hoping that the cj5 turns into parts or a welder suitable for bodywork on the ambulance...
CJ5 stats (because I didn't have anything better to do during my lunch)
1969(best I can tell)
v6 dual exhaust
t14
springover
rough floorboards
scary looking steering :shock:
38.5" devine (holy) tires

jasonjc

RE: BFR

I'm not shure if your M170 looks better than mine or not. I put a trap on mine 2 years ago and haven't seen it seens. To many other porjects. Good luck with it. They look good done up right.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: BFR

citizensoldier said:
Hi guys. Whats one of these M170's worth? Found one that drives, has canvas but needs to be restored. Could maybe get it for 2K.. Worth it if its a running unit?
I'd get it for $2K. M170s are worth a bit more than M38A1s, just more rare. If its a runner and in good shape, but with shot canvas, $2,000 is a deal....

BFR - what's that box on the back end of your M170? Looks like the radio box for the TRC-75 radio set. Can you get me pics? I've been looking for the radio case for a TRC-75 for several years....

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
Re: RE: BFR

maddawg308 said:
BFR - what's that box on the back end of your M170? Looks like the radio box for the TRC-75 radio set. Can you get me pics? I've been looking for the radio case for a TRC-75 for several years....
sorry to get your hopes up, that is a "dog box" for hunting. when the jeep gets to me I'll take some better pics.

jasonjc

You are in the same boat as me, none of the seats or bracket/rails for the streachers:cry: Those will be the hardest thing to replace.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I agree BFR...but ya have to admit it was a pretty darn good job of butchery!!
I would just love the story behind that whole thingy. Maybe someone was gonna make a limo and was in the process of "stretching" the poor little jeepie??:roll:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I keep thinking of this project as doing an M151 restoration, on an M170!:wink:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks