• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Abbreviations

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We need to start a list of the little abbreviations we all use here...FWIW, BTW, LOL, IMHO, TIA, PITA, etc. I still have a few I don't get and there's some that leave me ROFL....RTFM :beer: Any seconds on this thought?
Oh yeah....what they mean too :roll:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
OK, I'll play........................... :D

FWIW = For what's it's worth
BTW = By The Way
LOL = Laugh Out Loud
IMHO = In My Humble Opinion
TIA = Thanks in Advance
PITA = Pain In The Arse
ROFL = Rolling on Floor Laughing (occassionally seen as ROTFL - Rolling On The Floor Laughing). Also see ROTFLMAO
ROTFLMAO = Rolling On The Floor, Laughing My Arse Off
RTFM = Read The Freaking Manual

just for us old timers

First time I've seen the RTFM, but I love it.

Most of these are simple compared with what the kids are texting now. Everyone seen that commercial about the LITTLE girl getting her cell phone taken away because of texting too much? I needed the subtitles for that one!

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: just for us old timers

Yeah, but i'm positive there's more. Should there be a place under "recourses" for the explanations of the abbreviations? Mr Stansbury...?

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: just for us old timers

HEY, HEY, HEY, this is a G rated site! :p , I'm not whinin' or nuthin', and you can't hurt me 'cause I dont have feelings, so my wife says, :lol: but there are some good abbreviations out there and I don't like to think too hard, so it would be sweet if we could come up with a list that all of us could go to if we came across a stumper. aua

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: just for us old timers

POS point of sale (terminal, I'm at the cash register/in the store/shopping..)
IMNSHO in my not so humble opinion
TANSTAAFL there aint no such thing as a free lunch

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks