• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a3 with cat power

hot rod deuce

Is it just me or does the hood go UP hill to the front like the side sheild is on a taper....sweet truck but that part looks ugly and cobbled. i wondered what they did with the head lights to get the after cooler in there....

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The last -A3 went for just over $50,000 a few months ago. Get the paperwork in order for the second mortgage!

spicergear

Yeah, the hoods don't look right. The last 'A3 on GL sold for like $43,000. Please tell me one thing...any of you...WHAT THE F**K IS UP WITH THAT!??!?!!!!!

:idea:

Buy a normal GL winch truck for $3800.
Buy a CAT 3116 for $5500.
Buy an Allison for $4000
Buy some big single wheels and Michelins for $2000
Put that crap in...and voila, way the hell under $20,000!...a CAT repower, auto, singled, winch truck, without the russian military bulbous front!

...but that's just me. [^]

M1075

Doesn't jive for me, but maybe there are in it for the collector factor. Remember- Not only did one guy bid $49,000, there was at least one other person right there at $48,500! It was an auction, not a sealed bid.

It would be pretty cool to have one of the few M35A3s, but not at that price. I hope this one goes lower.

Monster Man

yeah, every one I've seen has the front end nose high :nono:

I can see maybe buying a nicely restored one if you've got the money to blow, like you're some rich kook, but the fact is these things are destroyed! None of the ones I've seen look even close to road ready. Now, maybe it's just me, but where would someone with the skills to fix one up get that kind of money? I'm sure there's an exception, but for the most part, vehicle restorers are a crafty bunch that does the work as they get the money, or they have somebnody else do the work. I can't picture anybody farming that out to be fixed. So who the hell is bidding on these things?

hot rod deuce

Yeah i like spicergear's idea...well all except for the 3116 idea. Id go with a 5.9 cummins. Less weight and more power, more parts avalible. the 3116 was kind of a flop for cat. there were way to many updates and they finaly just scraped it. if anyone is building a truck i would stay away from it. its also kinda heavy. the 3126 is a new version of it. it uses a heui fuel system that has a hydrolic pump to get fuel pres and is 7.2L and the 3116 is 6.6 L Cat has alot of good motors and alot of bad ones. anything less than the 3300 series..3306,3304 etc seem to be kinda scethchy untlil you get down to the perkins sizes. now a C-9 thats what a guy needs.....
Ah crap sorry back to the subject...43,000 is out rageous i wonder if they paid that much for the multi-fuels when they first hit the market too?

spicergear

The Military did new. I put the 3116 cause I *think* it's the motor in the A3's. Next big motor swap I do is gonna have a Jake on it so I can rumble in to stops.

hot rod deuce

yeah i figured thats what you were trying to get across. Im with you on the jake idea i wish they had one for the 5.9. im not sure if the 3116 or 3126 have jake avalable. I had a chance at a 3116/210hp for 2000 bucks one time and you couldnt get a jake *at the time* so i passed it up for my 1 ton chevy
there is just something to being able to say yup she's got a cat
and the "Cat Diesel power" mud flaps

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks