• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Onan Diesel--- Motorcycle?

dependable

Ha ha, one of my friends who is a bike enthusiast joked about putting an 003 motor on a bike, that 4 cylinder Onan is less than 20hp. We ended up finding a picture of a bike made of timbers and figured it would be a good fit. Loud, slow and heavy. The 002 motor's cylinders go up and down together, so you would have a little hop too. Don't forget to post pictures.

Last edited:

coachgeo

I'm curious if anyone had seen an Onan 2 cylinder engine put on a motorcycle?

What do you think?

PS....sold my 5 ton.
Sounds like a GRAND idea. Though the Onan is a bit rare conversion for such a product since they are rather specialized and not to friendly for parts availability. Also they may only be a governed to 1200-1600rpm max.

But that being said........ there is ALOT of diesel bikes out there. Mine is in a stable (still:( ) being built by a friend with way more tools and talent then I can dream of having. (Tribota Tiger (Kubto 3cyl replacing a Triumph 3cyl in a 1997 dual sport Triumph Tiger Adventure Bike))

For info on many diesel bikes see http://suckindiesel.com/thingy . A great forum on the topic. Also http://www.dieselbike.net/ for description of many many diesel bikes projects.

The best known conversions have been done by Heiko out of Germany. Search youtube for Diesel Tiger. His work is what my friend and I are copying somewhat. His website (links on youtube) show many but not all of his diesel conversions.

Last edited:

strelnik

I am interested in putting a small diesel in a motorcycle and also in a Citroen 2CV. If you don't know what they are, please get a Google image.

I have three of these cars and they use a 602cc gas engine, getting about 50 mpg up to 60 mph

I'd like to get a diesel to work with them, add a second gas tank and have a 1000 mile car!

I'll look at what you've done after the Great Winter ends, lol.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks