• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

S.S. Ga Ralley?

alphadeltaromeo

Austringer...need to put your location on your profile...but welcome! Hope you really enjoy the site. Now...with respect to a GA rally, I believe that is currently in the works, but sometime around August or September time frame. You'll definitely see it come up on the SS site though, so keep tuned!

Andy

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hey Jason, welcome.

Yes, I am planning this year's get-together. Last September, we had one at my house. See description (and pics) here:

http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=7541

I am working on securing an area for this year's off-roading. Last year, we got access to a neighborhood that was being built for our trailride. I am trying to get something more significant for this year's event.

I have gotten commitments from several folks who are willing to drive a very long distance, so I want to make sure that they have enough fun and things to do to justify the time (and expense) of driving so far.

So far, I have 2 options. I may have access to about 450+ acres of undeveloped land that we could play on, about 45 minutes from my house. We could have a convoy from my place out to this area.

The second option was a recommendation from RmGill, he suggested riding up to North Georgia and climbing some forresty service roads to the peak of a mountain.

I am still exploring options. You can PM me with suggestions or questions.

We will be doing this sometime in late September or October, I only want to do this when the weather is nice. There will be an alternative rain date this year as well.

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds great, keep me informed. It will be next year before I get the T114 going unless I get a massive influx of time and money (more time is needed right now, lol).

Jason

CGarbee

Just a head's up from a planning standpoint: The 2nd Annual N.C. Military Vehicle Show will be held on September 8th 2007 at the Propst Crossroads Vol. Fire Dept in Newton NC.

If you can schedule the Georgia get together on a different weekend, it'll would perhaps keep folks from having to make a choice between attending one or the other (for those that could manage to swing both, such as myself...).

Great to hear that you are getting an event together again this year. Hopefully, I can make it.

herc69

I agree with Garbee, as we would definitely love to make both this year. Choosing would be very difficult. :deadhorse: We are looking forward to seeing everybody again, and doing both (if possible) seems the best way to do that!!

alphadeltaromeo

Mr Ellis...would love to see you there with your M37 :D You've not seen my deuce yet...you'll have to make it down. Now...if we can get Dman up LOL

Would be great to see the rest of the folk too!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i sorta like the north ga. mountain thing, we could meet on the way up, as we meet, our convoy would get longer and longer, maybe a over night camp would be cool, let me know as soon as there is some kind of plan so i can plan on being off, now that i have new tires on the 819, its ready to roll, we sure could tie up traffic in cleveland with a bunch of MVs convoying though

Blythewoodjoe

I would like to join in too if I can pull it off. I should "Bob" quite road worthy by then and I am definitely dumb enough to drive it :roll:. I am going to spend a night at scout camp next week and I don't want to do that. I think I could camp out on something I would enjoy.

Joe Trapp

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Joe...rumor has it that you have some parts you want to part with. :?:
As soon as GL (Gooberment Lathargical) releases my deuce :evil: me and Freighttrain will be coming to Fort Jackson to pick it up.
We would love to have scrounging rights to your hoard and meet you. :jumpin:

Blythewoodjoe

wreckerman893 said:
Joe...rumor has it that you have some parts you want to part with. :?:
As soon as GL (Gooberment Lathargical) releases my deuce :evil: me and Freighttrain will be coming to Fort Jackson to pick it up.
We would love to have scrounging rights to your hoard and meet you. :jumpin:
Come on down. I am about 20 minutes north of Ft. Jackson. Just give me a few days notice. I might can help you get your truck on the road if you need any help. Always looking for a good excuse to visit the DRMO :lol:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
OK guys:

I have somehow convinced 2 people with split rim experience to offer a little demonstration on breaking down and re-assembling split rims, complete with tire cage, etc. I think a lot of newbies (like me) who have never done this could benefit from seeing it done first hand.

Second, I need to know, do you prefer a single day event or 2 days? I have commitments from several people to drive very long distances and I want to make sure that the event offers a good bang-for-the-buck.

I may also have t-shirts for participants, still working out details.

There will be a small, ad-hoc swap meet as well.

So, 1 or 2 days? thanks

C

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Clinto...in my case it depends on the accomodations and the weather. If the weather is cool I can do the camping out thing, if not I perfer a motel.
If it is near a campground with good showers and facilities that would be a plus.
I have some items that I would like to bring to a swap meet.
NW Ga. would be great with me since I am in NE Ala.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks