• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PAC to encourage M998 sales to public?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falstaff

Its a criminal shame that the m998's are being given away to foreigners or scrapped when they would be fabulously popular here. What congressional avenues would be effective in achieving this end? Are the DOT issues the only thing between me and an m998 auction on GL?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The contract between AMG and out government, is going to stop you.

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is PAC?

armytruck63

I heard it through the grapevine that GM also pressured the gov't not to sell M998's to the public, so that they wouldn't compete with the H1's that GM was selling under the Hummer brand. I still think selling M998's to the general public will never happen, but at least GM is no longer part of the reason why it won't.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the United States, a Political Action Committee (PAC) is a type of organization that pools campaign contributions from members and donates those funds to campaign for or against candidates, ballot initiatives, or legislation.[SUP][1][/SUP][SUP][2][/SUP] At the federal level, an organization becomes a PAC when it receives or spends more than $1,000 for the purpose of influencing a federal election, according to the Federal Election Campaign Act.[SUP][3][/SUP] At the state level, an organization becomes a PAC according to the state's election laws.

I don't see what this has to do with AMG.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are the DOT issues the only thing between me and an m998 auction on GL?
Do you realize that when HMMWV's were first put in the demil manual (after the original release of the Marine HMMWV's got out and that loophole closed) there was an exception to allow them to be sold to the public if they were upgraded to Federal Safety Standards? GM and AMG would have been the best route to do this but they had the H1's for sale at the time and a release would have hurt those sales. Even if you got AMG (or another company) to upgrade or make FMSS equivilant, I don't ever see the rule reversing again or a company willing to take on the liability.

P.S. There's hundreds of posts just like this on here already......

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks