• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Do these need a raiio to work?

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Those do need additional equipment to be useful. That headset is meant to be used with the AN/VIC-1 intercom system, either with or without radios.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yep.. can be plugged into a little PRC-77 or PRC-25 also for some 2-way backpack radio action.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I could be mistaken, but I was under the impression that the headsets like this one with a "Y" cable for plugging into an AN/VIC-1 system would not plug directly into a radio because of the way the various signals are split between the two connectors.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought so too, but I have used them on a PRC-25 by plugging both connectors in, as it has two jacks. I don't think it matters which goes to which. It's the same as if you used a separate mike and earphone, and in the field, some used to wear an earphone on one ear, and the handset was plugged in the other jack.

Attachments

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Ok, that makes sense. I knew (?) that just plugging in one or the other plug wouldn't work, but it didn't occur to me that plugging both jacks in would do the trick (duh!).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks