• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M135CDN vs US version

ton_ami69

First time poster :turn:

I'm looking into getting an old M135CDN and would like to know if they are the same as the American M135s.

Asking because, if and when I will need parts for it, I can buy them from anywhere in North America.

PS This forum is full of useful info. Keep up the good work. :)

ton_ami69

Thanks deuceman,

I'm quite surprized to know that parts are more readily available here in Canada than in the US. I assumed that since the US had more of these trucks, more parts would be found there.

Site is quite helpful. :)

Longhunter7

Ton,

Something that will help you find all the information you are looking for, is the SEARCH feature at the top right corner of the Forum!

You can use it to search the archived posts for anything useful. :cool:

deuceman51

Mike,

The reason the parts are more easily available in canada is because the Canadian military used the M135 up until the late 80's(possibly early 90s). The US used the M211 in vietnam and some National Guard units after that, but they were replaced in the 70s with the M35 series. That is why the parts are easier to find and usually fresher production in canada. Note: The M135 and M35 were actually produced in the late 50s, they competed for the military contracts. Inspect your possible truck very well. Look for obvious signs of rust, worn parts, and definately drive it if you can to check for mechanical problems. They are a very well built truck and if cared for properly will last a long time. The only problem most guys have with them are the transmissions. They are like anything else mechanical, if you abuse it or don't use it like it was designed, they will fail. I would not use this truck too heavily for work, since the tranny is 50 years old and might not be able to take the strain like a manual will. other than that, it is a very good truck and very user friendly especially when it comes to maintenance. Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks