• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Here's how my nephew shows his appreciation for history!

superburban

My neigbor bought this 151 last summer off ebay. He brought it home while my brother and his family were visiting from Washington. I begged him to take it for a spin, and he gladdly allowed me to. My brother and 2 nephews jumped in too, and I yelled for the wife to get the camera.
Take a look in the back seat at my nephew. He really knows how to appreciate history!

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe his finger has arthritis and he's keeping it warm.

superburban

My neigbor isn't a mechanic (or mechanically inclined) but he is a veteran and he loves MV's, so he bought this MUTT. Uncut, running, lots of spare parts, TIRES FROM 1969! I helped him tear it down a few weeks ago. He has the tub at the sandblasters now, then off to the bodyman to cut out the rockers and weld in some new (used) ones. Right now, he ahs the engine and trans apart for all new gaskets. The trans is getting a new clutch. He's got all new knuckles. He has all of the radio shelves and electronics to turn it into a radio truck when he gets the tub back. This is going to be a top-notch resto! I'm excited to be a (small) part of it!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
My neigbor isn't a mechanic (or mechanically inclined) but he is a veteran and he loves MV's, so he bought this MUTT. Uncut, running, lots of spare parts, TIRES FROM 1969! I helped him tear it down a few weeks ago. He has the tub at the sandblasters now, then off to the bodyman to cut out the rockers and weld in some new (used) ones. Right now, he ahs the engine and trans apart for all new gaskets. The trans is getting a new clutch. He's got all new knuckles. He has all of the radio shelves and electronics to turn it into a radio truck when he gets the tub back. This is going to be a top-notch resto! I'm excited to be a (small) part of it!

That is a great story!

I assume you've sold him on the merits of Steel Soldiers, no? :D

superburban

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
Probably getting ready to rub what he gets out on his brothers shirt if he is anything like my two boys.
Truth is that the neigbor hadn't originally planned on restoring this MUTT, but after seeing the huge booger on the paint, he decided that the only way to make it right was to sandblast the thing. One thing lead to another, like on any resto project, and now it turned into an entire frame-up!!

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On serious note, I hope your neighbor is aware of the handling characteristics of the M151 1/4 ton. Esp. with the young ones riding along.

Chuck

superburban

SETOYOTA said:
On serious note, I hope your neighbor is aware of the handling characteristics of the M151 1/4 ton. Esp. with the young ones riding along.

Chuck
Yes, sir. We recieved that inteligence brief!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks