• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Convoy Light Help

tklm539

Man I am in need of some advice. This convoy light is killing me.

I ran the wire harness exactly like the directions said. Hooked 16a to
16 on the floor high beam dimmer switch. Ran the harness up to the
light and the ground to the frame. No dice, no light, no spin. I have
the running lights on and new warning switch on. High/low beams work,
dash lights work, running lights work, no convoy light.

Any advice would be great, I have re done it four times and still nothing. Is there a different, non official way to do it? I am only using one light if that matters.

Thanks
Tom

acetomatoco

Take the light assembly off and bench test it after you determine that you have power to the top of the umbilical cord...

acetomatoco

measure center to center on the holes and it will give you a clue... they are a lower cost version of the ones the ring mount uses.. The light problem was corrected when the ground was established...

Crazyguypa

TNJMurray used to have some for about $350 a set but he may be out of them as the picture is not on the website currently. I would call and check though

MasterChief

I just wired mine directly. I grounded to the frame and supplied power with a 50A toggle switch on dash using a 10A inline fuse. Works well! BUT you must remember to turn it off as it is not tied to stock lighting system. Then again.....Hard not to notice you left a STROBE LIGHT on!!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
On the 819, I wired into the hot lead to the wrecker work lights, no need for head lights on, If the bat. is switch on, the beacon lights can come on, a lot easier wire then whats called for, for you non wreckers owners (not everybody are as blessed as we are), you can tap into the hot wire to the heater switch

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks