• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Moving to AZ questions...

TacticalDoc

Moving to AZ for work from FL but will still own a house in FL. I'm keeping my FL driver license and CWP.

FL doesn't require a tag to be placed on your MV and my truck will remain registered in FL with antique plates for now. Will I need to add the plates to my truck?

Any laws regarding MVs?

http://www.dmv.com/az/arizona/custom-vehicle-registration

This part of my research and I am looking at other sites for more information. Many times the DMV doesn't know about MV and registration. For example, they didn't know that here in FL all MV can be registered as antiques regardless of size and age. This is why I'm asking here.

Last edited:

M923A1

Banned
Didnt say where you were moving in az. It will make a huge difference wether you move to an emissions area {like phoenix} or not.

The rule books say even if you register/live somewhere else, if you commute to the valley everyday your supposed to abide by its emissions rules. So even though my {daily} truck is registered at my parents up in the mountains, since i drive into town for work its supposed to be registered down here, with all the smog stuff.

As far as MV tags, i think thats only state to state. I would expect some trouble driving around with no tags on your truck. And trying to claim fl residency isnt going to work if you are here full time. They want that money! {but the rates are pretty reasonable here, so no reason not to comply}

I have lived in Florida, and Arizona. I can tell you. Florida is the easiest place to register anything in the country. Dont expect things to go as smoothly out here. Do your research. Walk into MVD knowing exactly what you need. The folks here are clueless/useless about 50% of the time. Titling is sort of pain, everything has to be notarized. I know most states you can sell someone your car without a third party notary.

As far as cwp which i assume is your concealed carry permit, you dont need one in az,. You can still get one, optionally, but it is not required to carry concealed here. Everyone in az has a gun. Openly, closed, doesnt matter. Thats one cool thing about this state. Do watch out for businesses that post the no gun sign and cite a.r.s. something something under it. Certain businesses opt out of people carrying on site. I dont know if hte concealed carry permit allows you to go into those places carrying or not. that would be something worth looking into.

So basically, unless you are military and have the special form for dual citizenship you can forgot about that plan. the second you get pulled over you will be ticketed for all of it {out of state d/l, no vehicle registration} most of it will get dropped once you fix it. But as far as az is concerned. If you are here more than 30 days, you have to have an az d/l.

You will be asked to turn in your florida license, they willnot give it back to you. If they do, it will be with a hole punched in it. If you say you dont have it on you, {i tried that once} they made me retake the written test.

Hope this answers some questions.

Oh yeah MV tags here are "Historic" plates. anything 25yrs or older qualifies. So any car or truck, 1989 or older is pretty much good to go. Historic tags are inexpensive as well, and they will get you around emissions as well as some of the fussy HOA stuff which can be nice.

Overall Az is a pretty easy place to live. If you follow the basic rules {give them the money they want up front} you will never really have an issue.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks