• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unusual trailer?

BillIdaho

I was at the show in Idaho, and saw a rather strange M416 variant. It was an M416, (according to the data-tag,tub, fenders, etc). It also had a data tag on the front passenger side saying "AN/MRC-111" and had a schematic of a rather elaboarte radio setup of some sort. There were 1/2 inch holes drilled into the top in a couple of places, with a "ground" tag riveted nearby. It had a tailgate cut into the tub, and was done pretty nicely. There were plates welded up both rear corners, where the tail-lights are. The GI lights were gone, with cheesey Walmart lights installed. I did notice though that there was a hole cut into the right plate that would have provided clearance for the blackout light that should have been in place.
My web-fu, including google-fu didn't show any info. Butcher job or ubber rare variant?

acetomatoco

Was a government modification for radio sets... I had one once, not to many around... The AN/MRC-111 should pop up in some radio guru's mind...

acetomatoco

My Google gave me a link to a radio list and another link to AN/MRC-111 which indicated all the info you need for this trailer... It was a radio terminal set and consisted of a couple radios and a gen set mounted in the trailer...and called a SET....not a trailer... However as you know, it started out life as a M416 and was purpose built afterward.. Not unlike the cable splicing sets and the smoke generator sets

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks