• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VIC-1 Intercom question

BillIdaho

I have installed a VIC-1 Intercom system in my Gama Goat, (along with numerous other money consuming radio set-ups!). Anyway, I have cabled the VIC-1 as per the diagram found elsewhere, here on SS. With one minor possible variation.
Here is my question.... can I "daisy-chain" the two C-2298 boxes? By doing that I would be running only one CX-4723 cable from the AM-1780 (which is mounted way back in the carrier) up to one of the C2298 boxes, and then run another CX-4723 cable to the second box? (whew-that was a long sentence!) In other words, I would eliminate the need for two CX-4723 cables to run up to the cab. I am not going to use it for any radio use, per se, just an intercom, due to the NOISE.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny is correct. It's a "bus" set-up where the same wire going into the box continous straight thru and daisy-chaining is permitted.
For a schematic, see page 2-43 in TM 11-5830-340-30.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks