• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

87 Unimog U1300L

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello Guys it seems that I have out grown my 404.1, I found this 87 U1300L for what I considered to be a reasonable price based upon its condition and did the deal. The truck is Ex-German Army and has a OM366A turbocharged 6 cylinder Diesel engine, it has the fast ratio axles. Befor it was released from the German Army they gave it a whole new paint job and (the best part) a new engine and transmission. The truck itself has 32K Km on it and the engine, trans, and tires have 1600 Km on them. In my searching about for this truck I looked at a few of them and in my eyes this seemed to be the best deal out there. I am heading out next month to recover the vehicle, a 3400 mile recovery! My 404.1 will be posted in the classifieds tomorrow.
Thanks
KK

Driver floor.jpg
Front.jpg
Rear.jpg
Side.jpg

Carlo

Hi Karl. Congratulations on the 1300. I have had 2 of these a few years back. Are you sure it's a turbo motor? Mine were non turbo with no reductions (low range) like the civil unimog.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Bob, I hope you realize its your fault that these pics are in here! Carlo the guy I bought the truck from is a very reputable guy and I think he knows Unimogs pretty darned good, in the pics I cannot see a turbo charger but since he told me it was that is what I am going with, its funny though you are the second person to ask me about this. Guess I will know for sure when I go to pick it up!
Thanks Guys
KK

roadkill150

Congratulations! You are going to be in a whole new league now with the 1300, both on comfort, size, and spending serious $$ now for repairs. I had the chance a bit ago to pick up a turbo'd ex Bundeswerh rig at 25k, then found a turbo'd u1250 for 17k.. and decided at the last minute that i needed a Viper instead.. ;) Have a blast with your roadtrip!

Carlo

Thanks Bob, I hope you realize its your fault that these pics are in here! Carlo the guy I bought the truck from is a very reputable guy and I think he knows Unimogs pretty darned good, in the pics I cannot see a turbo charger but since he told me it was that is what I am going with, its funny though you are the second person to ask me about this. Guess I will know for sure when I go to pick it up!
Thanks Guys
KK
hey Karl. Don't get me wrong the non turbo motor is a stump puller and unlike the turbo motor it's hard to make it over heat. What year is it? That would help.

Mercunimog404

Banned
Congratulations! You are going to be in a whole new league now with the 1300, both on comfort, size, and spending serious $$ now for repairs. I had the chance a bit ago to pick up a turbo'd ex Bundeswerh rig at 25k, then found a turbo'd u1250 for 17k.. and decided at the last minute that i needed a Viper instead.. ;) Have a blast with your roadtrip!
Good thing they don't break that often :)

tuff-truck-guy

man thats a beautiful truck! I really want a mog 2 thats more than likley going to be my next big purchase.. I have a m 1017a, havent got to do much to it yet lol its been home like 3 days but I've fell in love with the mercedes rigs !!! happy trails man:goodjob:

saddamsnightmare

February 24th, 2014.

Karl:

Some people have all the luck! I am glad that you were able to find a U1300L! I would almost sell my firstborn (if I had one) to get my mitts on one of those.

Happy Motoring!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks