• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any tricks or things to do when putting a cover on a M105A2?

RodsRVF

I am going on a camping trip with my M105A2 trailer this weekend and going to install the cover for the first time. Is there anything I should keep an eye on so this this does not rip to shreds? :cool: Do I pull the ropes as tight as possible? Any special way of tying them down? Basic I just got the cover re-sewn and would hate destroy it the first time out!
Thanks,
Rod

acetomatoco

RE: covers

Always retighen the ropes after about 20 miles on the road... you will be amazed how much they stretch.. also bright sun will make the canvas or vinyl grow... be sure your bows have no sharp edges or loose screws as they will eat a hole in your canvas faster than a grandson at McDonald's.... (start in the front and tighten toward the back..as that is the way the canvas tries to move...)

RodsRVF

RE: covers

Thanks for the info. I just got back from the trip. I had the stitching for the front and rear flaps redone but didn't do stitching in the middle seemed good. Well, one hour into the drive it gave way. I guess I should have had the whole thing redone. Is there somewhere that makes canvas covers for this? Or a new plastic one?
Thanks again for the help!
Rod

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks