• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Vehicle events calendar (primarily U.S.) posted

mangus580

RE: Military Vehicle events calendar (primarily U.S.) pos

JAG, any way I could get you to help put those in our calander here?

67Beast

Hi, John, I believe I had talked to you yesturday about the Silver Lake show on Sept. 15. Thank you for the call. I did notice though that the Silver Lake Military Vehicle Show didn't make the on-line calender, but the Appleton WI show on Sept. 8th and 9th is listed twice. and would be about the spot where the Silver Lake show on the 15th would fall in the line up. Thanks.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, a lot more shows than I was aware of. Guess I'll have to make a point and get more MVs and start attending these meets, even if they aren't specifically military vehicle related.

I remember AMGeneral talking about how he went to a truck show with hundreds of gorgeous expensive show trucks, he drove the only MV there, a deuce. What truck did all the chicks want to ride in? THE DEUCE, OF COURSE!

jagjetta

67Beast said:
Hi, John, I believe I had talked to you yesturday about the Silver Lake show on Sept. 15. Thank you for the call. I did notice though that the Silver Lake Military Vehicle Show didn't make the on-line calender,
Hi Dave,
I don't think we spoke, but I bet you spoke to our ad guy, Tom Polzer. I got the information on the show from him and have added it to the online calendar. Thanks for letting me know about it!
John

CGarbee

maddawg308 said:
I remember AMGeneral talking about how he went to a truck show with hundreds of gorgeous expensive show trucks, he drove the only MV there, a deuce. What truck did all the chicks want to ride in? THE DEUCE, OF COURSE!
I bet that he was talking about the ATHS show in Troutman, NC (just south of Statesville). It's about an hour drive from his place and draws a couple hundred antique trucks, tractors, hit-or-miss engines, etc. I went last year for the first time and took my M37 (one other NCMVPA member was there with a M43) and had a blast. Great BBQ at a place accross the highway from the fairgrounds... :)

We have two other ATHS shows that members of NCMVPA attend, one in Spencer (State Transportation Museum - old Southern Railway Shops with a huge roundtable and working steam trains) and one at the NAPA Warehouse in Greensboro. Both draw about a hundred antique trucks (mostly big rigs) and a handful of military vehicles (we need more green machines at all these shows). It's amazing how many guys who work(ed) with OTR rigs got their start driving in the Service, and how much they appreciate seeing them again.

I shot a note to one of our members who is on the event comittees for the ATHS shows in NC suggesting that he send in thier data to MV Magazine and here...

67Beast

jagjetta said:
67Beast said:
Hi, John, I believe I had talked to you yesturday about the Silver Lake show on Sept. 15. Thank you for the call. I did notice though that the Silver Lake Military Vehicle Show didn't make the on-line calender,
Hi Dave,
I don't think we spoke, but I bet you spoke to our ad guy, Tom Polzer. I got the information on the show from him and have added it to the online calendar. Thanks for letting me know about it!
John
Yep, It was Tom now that I think of it. I talk to hundreds of people each day here at the shop, and names all start to run together after awhile. But much thanks for getting the Silver Lake MV Show up and listed there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks