• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fmtv vs unimog

sparkylisle

I've always liked a COE design and I'm curious how the 2 vehicles compare to each other as far as price, reliability, ease of maintenance, and parts availability.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll bite, let's see some actual figures showing side by side comparison or it's all opinion.

emr

I agree about reasons for not comparing , and it is apples to oranges as far as my opinion goes. , I do know Unimog guys are well, freaks for there trucks, and that's cool, But an outside point of view and having 4 wheeled with some and other info, I am not the Unimog fan. There are exact places they hands down do something better than another, but there are serious differences where they do not. side by side comparison though would be fun with specs. this is just my opinion on what I know , but I do not think the Unimog would win. :) And if you could use an FMTV that was rebuilt by Oshkosh, well there would be no comparison In my opinion at all :) Where there any Unimogs that were not underpowered ? I heard there was one...hey its just a question LOL :) :)..>>>As for better all the way around, that should be stated as " Opinioin " lets get some facts going after reading that one LOL :)

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's so much better to have people think you don't know what you are talking about than to open your mouth and remove any doubt. (Not you EMR.)

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've always liked a COE design and I'm curious how the 2 vehicles compare to each other as far as price, reliability, ease of maintenance, and parts availability.

Amazingly enough our so called 'Mog expert still hasn't managed to answer the original question or do anything except use Google to get specs on the trucks. Real enlightening. I would have thought someone that knows everything about both trucks and offer his opinion that a 'Mog is better hands down all the way around could do a little better.

Mercunimog404

Banned
I see a let me google it for you link for LMTV and Unimog U1300 and the word specs. Are there any side by side comparisons or real world testing side by side in either of those? Or would one have to derive an opinion from a list of specifications?
Round of applause :)

No side by sides.
Unimogs carry more weight
Superior off road
Superior suspension
Better engine
Better tranny

List goes on

Unlike you guys I have driven both and my opinion and spec facts say Unimog is better

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Round of applause :)

No side by sides.
Unimogs carry more weight
Superior off road
Superior suspension
Better engine
Better tranny

List goes on

Unlike you guys I have driven both and my opinion and spec facts say Unimog is better
What criteria determines those attributes? Do you have a SAE qualification list for it? I notice your last sentence says opinion?

Mercunimog404

Banned
What criteria determines those attributes? Do you have a SAE qualification list for it? I notice your last sentence says opinion?
Maybe you should read the TMs. Oh wait I mean maybe research for yourself.

Besides actually being in the military unlike you and working on the truck and owning a mog (granted it's a 404) and having been around a 1300 and from the mouth of the manufacturer on both. It should suffice.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The list of opinions goes on, nothing more. Unlike you I don't have the hubris to say either is better because it is just an opinion. Saying something over and over don't make it so.

Mercunimog404

Banned
Unfortunately the mods have derailed this thread.
Let's put it back on track.
A unimog is more expensive to purchase. But will give you more bang for your buck. Lmtvs are cool trucks. But lack the capability and coolness of a Unimog.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks