• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

picking up a trailer

redneck20

pretty sure im gonna win a m105. will GL let you tow it off with a pickup? i have a raised pintle hitch.
id just rather take my duramax instead of the 923 to save fuel

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The D-Max will do Fine! Towed several home with mine, just keep it around 55-60, some like to fishtail...

Guess you already know to check the tires and brakes before you leave the yard...
You will need an auxiliary light set (Magnetic??) for the stop/turn as the 105 will
not hook up to the D-Max...

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That pickup will tow a 105 just fine at those speeds, as long as you don't have to stop fast, and then it will push you into the middle of next week. You'll be real lucky, if it doesn't jack knife in the process! I know, there is always this discussion, and there are always Folks that disreguard safety issues. It isn't the towing part, its the stopping part that is the issue!

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
an empty m105 is 2750 lbs. Most pickups & Suv are rated to tow 3000lb with a class 3 hitch. Under 3000 lbs in most states does not require brakes. An empty m105 is perfectly handled by any vehicle that can mount a class 3 hitch can tow 3000lbs with no sweat on an empty recovery.

Again empty you are fine and the trailer tow like a dream even nose down.

Now loaded and over 3000lb, is a total different animal.

I have towed m105 with cherokee and durango with absolutely no problem on several hundred mile recovery.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the trailer is equiped with sides and bows, try to take it all down, the wind resistance is terrible with the front and sides on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks